• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bull Dawgs

The Uptown dawgs are made supposed to be made with a softer plastic, although I haven't noticed a big difference between the plain and uptown's. The action is the same. Really the only difference is the colors. I really liked the holo shad color, until I got rid of all my dawgs in favor of curley sue's.

Quack... you'd might want to check out SuperD swimbaits by Tacklebooty... They're just like Bulldawgs... but from what I know... whole lot cheaper and yet built better... there was a video on youtube comparing SuperD vs Bulldawg... SuperD won easily... as the bulldawg was totally destroyed long before SuperD was... I ordered 15 from Aaron and got them today... definitely love them... Cant wait to use them... several colors are similar to bulldawgs so no worries there...

Yeah I checked them out on Aarons site and they seem similar and probably have same or close action as the bull dawg provides us. I guess you cant go wrong on both, the price is a little less as well. BUT 15 of them!!! thats alot haha, just checked out the video and who honestly does that to their own lures, I know that I dont!! whistle

15... different colors... just never know which one works on a specific day... Impty I got both pink ones grin

The owner did that... insane but thats free advertising right there... I dont do that to my lures either... but you know how some muskies can be... with their razor sharp teeth... If I can remember right... pricing is about $4-$6 less for SuperD...

Also, correct me if Im wrong, the owner of Tacklebooty would rather get negative emails about his product than positives so that he will know what he could do to make his products better...

Reb:

you hit the nail on the head about James. He is all about building a better product and really likes to get the feedback from the guys using his baits. Top notch baits made by a topnotch guy. He is also developing some other baits for later this summer, and I know he wanted to buy out the Manta Company, but don't think that will happen!

If you think 15 is alot of Super D's, I have over 40 of them sitting in my basement right now!! shocked

Quackaddict,

I don't guide on Cass, but I'm on the water pretty much every day during the summer. If you ever want any info just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help. I usually hang out here or over in the Cass chain forum. Building a home on Andrusia? Nice! What part of the lake?

Thats cool, I'll get ahold of you if I need some info, maybe bump in you on the water one of these days. We have a shed building up out there right now and there is a log home thats almost done on the right side of our lot...the lot is on the East side before the first point, right by the hill with the Flag Pole. Does Mick Finn ring a bell? our lot is right next to his house.

I do like the Bulldawgs, success is simply hard to argue with.

Sure, they require terminal tackle upgrades (splits/hooks), and durability is an issue, but they produce. I keep a tube of super glue in the dawg boxes, it works as an "on the fly repairs". A lighter works too......

I use the reg size as much if not more than the mags, stretched out they're over 11 inches, meaning they have the profile, and are far easier to cast versus the "lob" of a mag dawg. Mags are nice when I want to hit deeper water.