• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

male or female

Only way that I'm able to tell for sure is to clean them. wink Like TO said length is an OK indicator. But I'm seen some massive males. A friend on mine [PoorWordUsage] a 27" walleye on Big Stone one opening weekend. He was holding it up for a picture saying it was nice to catch a big female amonst all the smaller males we were catching in the 44 degree water. It didn't take long to figure out that he was not holding a female walleye. We still laugh about the one. laugh

Back in my younger days, I was working in a grocery store. An old lady comes up and asks me where she could find a can of fish balls. I had only been there a week, so I found another employee and asked him where I could find fish balls. He cracks up and walks away telling me to check between their fins. jerk-bait. Sorry, had to share.

according to the DNR while milking them said that the only way is during the spanwn and if eggs come out the belly female and if it is "milking" then it is male......the length thing is not very accurate as I saw alot of males that were up to 28" if not bigger.........