• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buzz Stix: Made to catch fish or the fisherman?

BullsInc

As far as the buzz not always working at the same frequency, that is inherent in the motors. And actually the kinetic energy behind them, they are just trying to find their proper velocity. But actually it helps and is meant to do that. As when it changes it's velocity it will start the bait moving more eratically.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

Kenandheather1121,

Are you serious?!?! The motor's probably causing electromagnetic interference that your Vex head unit is picking up! Like I told my buddy that called me to ask my opinion on those things - I just think it was a great marketing gimmick that came out just in time for Christmas! To the non-fisherman/woman who has your name in the gift exchange, they see something like that and think "Ohhhh, cool, he loves icefishing and I'll bet he doesn't have one of these yet! And it's right in price range I was looking for too!" Well, at least they mean well! smile.gif

Just got off the lake. While out there some guy comes over and asks how I like the ole Buzz Stix. With a laugh I push the button and ask him what he thinks is happening 25' down. One second later I catch a crappie. Go figure. He probably headed right over to Reeds.

They're designed to catch fishermen.

But, like most tackle, they catch fish, too. There are times for 'eyes, perch and lakers when a tremble in the lure triggers them. Usually I just tense up my hand like I'm making the tightest fist possible and it makes the rod tremble enough (but not too much) to transmit that tremble to the lure (it also helps to remember how shaky you were during your last hangover grin.gif).

So I guess a rod that does that for you isn't a bad thing. And, as for getting one as a present, it beat the heck out of the ole' Billy Bass, which my girls gave me one time and sits at the lake cabin on the wall (I never push the button, but the kids always do.) grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]