• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Santa brought me...

Fish On! Guide Service

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made sure to leave Santa the good cookies (not the burned ones I didn't want) and gourmet eggnog (not the lame Hollynog, i.e., yellow milk). The plan worked to a "t".
Here's the loot...

1 pair HFC reversible winter bibs (no more piling the alpine ski-wear, over the x-country ski-wear, over the pajamas).

1 Microlite spinning reel (no more tying a line to my big toe...brrrrr)

a bunch-o-lures. Love that fishing tackle. I think I'm going to decorate the tree with it next year.

Merry Christmas; Happy Holidays to you all

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

Santa helped me and my son build a fish house and we got it on the lake on Dec 23. Got all kinds of nice equipment to use also, new rods and reels, eagle fish finder, lantern, heater, deep cycle battery, and a tv for the fish house when the action is slow. Thank God that the ice is now thick enough to drive on because walking out and back with all this stuff each time would be a killer. The best part was spending the time together with my son (he's 14 years old) building the fish house and watching the excitement in his eyes as we got closer to completion and actually hauling it out to the ice. I thank God this Christmas season for a loving wife who doesn't mind me going fishing, a beautiful daughter, and my son who is my fishing buddy, and my helper with my business.

Merry Christmas,
Andy

Forget Santa, my beautiful, loving, hot, wonderful WIFE (can't say that about Santa!) got me a Strikemaster Lazer Mag Xpress 8". It's my first power auger and by far the biggest Christmas present I've ever received in my life.

Goodbye pain in the butt hand-auger in 3' of ice! Hello power, speed, and exhaust fumes! grin.gif

Merry Christmas all.

Every gift I recieved was outdoor related so far!
- Rod and reel combo, the wrist saver kind
- Gift cert for Cabin Fever in Victoria
- Long Johns, the new high tech kind
- Blaze orange Fanny pack
- Blaze orange gloves
I might be forgetting something but this is all I can think of.
Still have one more christmas party to go.

Lets see Santa gave me...
*New Ice Fishing Rod
*Strike Sensor
*Arctic Shield Gloves!
*New portable CD player and CD case that will protect the CD's upto -40ºF to 120ºF! Great for Fishing in the summer or winter.
*Variety of Lures
*Precision Trolling Book!
I thought I was good this year for Santa, but some of you are even better. grin.gif lol
Merry Christmas

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

[This message has been edited by LocalGuide (edited 12-26-2003).]

I must of been REALLY good this year. Santa brought me a new reel, two news rods, a handheld depthfinder, two way radios, a new auger, and a few other things I forgot about. This had to of been one of the best x-mas's ever.

See ya on the ice grin.gif

Well even if Santa still thinks I am still high on his "Coal List", my Kewl kids decided I had enough coal for now.

I received a very nice pair of heavyweight fleece pants. They have nice large side cargo pockets with Velcro closures, a handy feature. They match my Guide Gear too, Kewl!

These heavyweight fleece pants are awesome, great for that first layer coverage wile gearing up for the ice, or a primary layer under the rain gear. Lightweight, very warm, wicks away moisture...just what I needed..SWEET!

Thank You Corrine, Ian, & Alysha! grin.gif

><DAD>

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Ed Carlson (edited 12-26-2003).]

Santa doesn't read the forums. Santa brought me a shaver. I wanted a GPS or a Digi camera but I guess I need to shave more often.

My cousin and work gave me gift certs to Gaylans though. So that's cool!

Ed, Santa must have seen all of the "naughties" you pulled this year. But hey, ya got your kid's love- what more could a dad ask for for Christmas!?!

I got a few ice fishing jigs, a custom made ice rod and reel made by my dad (apparently he and Santa are tight), and an ice house on order from Frabill (this one was from my real Santa- my wife). I'm still waiting for my little "add on" gift like Cisco kid got, but I better not push my luck since I was so spoiled over the past few days.
Scoot

My lovely wife must have faxed my list to Santa because everything on it was under my tree! A new ice fishing jacket, some Lacrosse icekings, Two pair of wool socks, two insulated flannel shirts and some of the nicest gloves I've ever owned. Do we make it too easy on Santa, letting "him" do all the shopping at one store? Overall it was a wonderful christmas for us, hope every FMers was safe and happy!!! See you on the ice.

------------------
Keep the tip up, ask permission and shoot straight. Setterguy

[This message has been edited by setterguy (edited 12-26-2003).]

I was good this year!

1. Used 6X8 drop axel fish house
2. Zercom Clearwater Pro Flasher w/ ice ducer
3. 12v battery w/ charge
3. Mr. Heater Cooker
4. 2 inch hand held color tv
5. 7 inch eskimo hand auger
6. My 8 inch Magnum Tecumseh got into the repair shop
7. 2 South Bend Ice Rods for my shimano reels.
8. Minnow bucket with Airator
9. misc. funstuff for the fish house

Mike

Sounds like everyone made out like bandits for Christmas this year, congrats!

I made out with a bunch of deer hunting essentials: knives, saw, hand warmers, etc. PLUS got to see almost ALL my family for Christmas...the best bonus for me this year!

I didn't need much for ice-fishing because when I want it...I buy it! Not that I'm spoiled, but do try to make things more enjoyable that way wink.gif

Happy New Year to all!

OK, after reading 4 pages of gifts, I have to say that ackotz wins HANDS DOWN!

Congrats ackotz - what a great gift! A life-long fishing buddy (little ackotz) is the best thing you could've gotten. Once again, congrats.

just a quick rundown on what Santa brought me
1. 5 pair of jeans
2. lotsa socks
3. drill bit set
4. double gun case by Kolpin and it floats
5. shirts
6. cassette adapter and 12 volt plugin for my CD player
7. case of shotgun shells
8. and my most favorite one is probably the Benelli Super Black Eagle from my dad.
so needless to say it was good this and fishing up here on LOTW was great too. Hope you all have a nice new year.