• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Legal question?

Hossienda

I thought you couldn't. I thought it said in the regs the maximum size of hole you can fish through is 12" in diameter. Now unless ur spear hole is that small its probably fine, But I'm sure its not. grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I actually emailed the DNR last winter and they replied that it was absolutely fine to angle in a spear hole, as long as there is no spearing equipment present. So as long as you don't have a spear or any spearing gear you are ok. I have done it a couple of times and it is truely educational. Very fun watching the fish and the way they react. Just make sure you mark your large hole when you leave.
Bushwacker

Acording to the regs you must have your spear outside of the house while you angle. I didn't find any reg that states what size of hole you can have. I to have angled through my spear hole and is interesting to see how the fish react.

Ya I looked now and I couldnt find were in the regs it said that you were limited to so big of a hole. But I could swear I read it once in one of the regs a few years back.

Anyways I bet it would be cool to see a pike come in and attack your lure or even a school of sunnies come wandering through the hole.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300