• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sprayers

LundExplorer

I'm on 2.5 acres, all grass, and the fertilizer bill is pretty high. Would a sprayer make sense in my case? I'd plan to put down a crabgrass preventer and weed&feed most years. My bill for weed and feed this year was over $200. If I got a sprayer, what would a decent fertilizer run me for an application? Would buying the sprayer be worth the cost on 2.5 acres? If so what size sprayer?

Thanks

Not exactly sure on what what soluble fertilizer costs but one thing to realize about them is that soluble fertilizers usually have to be applied more often then a granular product...on the golf course we sprayed fertilizer About every 2 weeks (at a light rate) on greens, tees, and fairways. That cost adds up in a season.

If it was me, I would purchase a good sprayer and use it for herbicides, and a good quality fertilizer spreader and use it for fertilizer.

IMO, $200 for a year of treating weeds and fetilizing 2.5 acres is pretty cheap. I have 2 acres here on sand in East bethel and i pay around $500/year on fertilizer alone with 4 applications of product from Lesco and i do mine myself. I keep my lawn healthy and apply fertilizer according to soil tests so I'm not putting an excessive amount of nitrogen down.