• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Temporary Console

bonefish

Has anyone ever added a temporary passenger console in a boat. If yes, how did you attach it? As we look at used boats, I'm in a constant battle with my wife about the "necessity" of a passenger console for the few days a year she actually rides in it smile

Good question! There are 2 simple answers: make her drive, or leave her at home. Either way, you will probably wind up in the dog house. To me, it sounds like a nice challenge to make something up that looks nice and works well. It wouldn't be all that hard to make something, just be sure to use aluminum and stainless steel for all the brackets and hardware.

You may want to buy one with dule console and remove the one side.Iam thinking something like a fishhawk. its best not to make her hate it befor you hit the water. she looks at it like your Equal co owners. or so I have learnd the hard way.

While watching the movie "Gladiator" last night, the answer came to me. I could make a fancy Greek or Roman battle shield and say "here, hold this up in front of your face, I'll let you know when we're at the spot" smile

Could just give her a helmet with a sheild on it? smirk

Why not get either two consoles or a full console boat? I have a single console and when I go bigger in a few years I would like the full console. I have a small child so I think it would be nicer with that.

While watching the movie "Gladiator" last night, the answer came to me.

Awesome movie, I love the soundtrack !! Anyway, you could fabricate something to hold a console on floor temporarily then leave it at home when not in use.

BTW, happy birthday Bonefish !!!