• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Enemy Swim sunken island

aquafang

Does anyone know GPS coordinates for this place? I want to catch some rock bass and this could be a potentially good spot. I know about where it is by looking at a map but it is not a gps map. So I could be as far off as 200 yds and may have to drill alot of holes to find it. If anyone knows and does not want to publicize it e-mail me at [email protected]
Thank you very much in advance.
aquafang.

You'll probably get a better response to this question in the South Dakota forum...

To my knowledge, there are no good GPS maps of most of those NE South Dakota lakes (with the exception of Waubay). But you are right...we found that sunken island one evening and caught crappie, rockbass, LM bass, and perch from the same hole...

If you go out there, you are likely to find a grouping of permanents that will give you a pretty good clue about the location...

[This message has been edited by Jarrod32 (edited 12-23-2003).]

I love to fish for panfish. Rock bass are big in Enemy and that's what I love to do. Why on earth would anyone want to fish all day and catch three walleyes??? that's rediculous. I don't care if they are 5 pounders. I like catching nice panfish on 2lb. test and ultra light rods. It's all preference. When I come home I can say that I had a blast catching 100 nice panfish that put up a good fight on light tackle. and not catching a half dozen fish in 6 hours. I'd say I had more fun! Besides, I can keep a limit of bluegills, crappie, and perch. That's more meat than hoping to catch 2 16" walley gators at waubay. To all his own. good luck.

Rock bass taste good too. If you have never tried one before, do it. They aren't that as bad as you may have been told.
Im sure they are also fun to bring in icefishing as they do fight pretty good.

Good Luck on getting them Rockies!

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

**** Aquafang
You are doing something wrong if you only catch 6 walleyes in 6 hours. I can catch 6 in a half an hour on any given day on my favorite southern minnesota lake and even on a small river. Last winter on many days I caught and released well over 50 'eyes in just a couple of hours in the morning and getting home early and kept just enough for breakfast