• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How was everyone's Northern Zone Bass opener?

SledNeck

Nice fish SledNeck, do you remember what the water temp was??

46-48F

Today was more of the same, fast action all day long.

Personal best out of this particular lake 6 lbs plus (first pic). I cant believe how round this fish is!

po25.jpg

19"

po29.jpg

19"

po28.jpg

You can tell that big girl has been making her nest that is one nice fish...I went for that other opener with my dad for some other fish but I was thinking about bass all weekend long!

Ahahaha! I hear ya' man. It's been an interesting spring thats for sure. Excellent fish, I sure hope I get in on some of that action on Bass opener. They look like footballs!

OCF, prespawn fish are bigger, but not only because of eggs. The fish do not eat much, or at all right around and during spawn, so they feed up heavily in pre spawn so they'll have enuogh energy to do theit thing.

Sledneck, those are some awesome fish and beautiful country! I love the looks of the lake in your 2nd picture.

OCF, prespawn fish are bigger, but not only because of eggs. The fish do not eat much, or at all right around and during spawn, so they feed up heavily in pre spawn so they'll have enuogh energy to do theit thing.

Sledneck, those are some awesome fish and beautiful country! I love the looks of the lake in your 2nd picture.

Hey, Im always up for a guide swap. Tryin to find someone who will take me after bass on Mille Lacs! I'll be pig stickin' again this weekend.

po2.jpg

SledNeck,

It looks like your boat of many fishes had a successful opener. I did not make it out as my son was ill. Saturday was a bit nasty and it got worse. Sunday turned into a fine day.

Would you ever be interested in a little Pelican Guiding in June? I have some guys coming up for a "fishing weekend". I'm not sure how interested they will be in actually catching fish.