• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Pike on theSt.Louis" (pics)

First day of the fishing season is here!...and not that bad!...I headed to the "Forbes Dam" on the St.Louis River to see what was biting....usually the redhorse and black suckers are in full swing along with some northerns and a few walleyes....the northerns were stacked up like cord wood this morning!...simply couldn't keep em off your hook!... grin...I know I caught and released probably 12 or so and the guy next to me probably caught and released 20!...other years I certainly get some northern action but this year simply unreal!...fun for sure!....nothing really big size wise maybe up to 5 lbs. or so but they really "slammed" the red and white dare devils!...and of course the suckers were hitting in between....even caught a sucker on a daredevil!...caught all these fish in about 2 1/2 hours...back in Hibbing by noon! grin

Frame_P1020152-1copy.jpg

ton of this size northerns!

Frame_P1020158-2.JPG

your's truly with a black sucker

Frame_P1020167-1.JPG

Frame_P1020154-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1020170-3.JPG

P1020160-2copy.jpg

the northerns are really in there "thick"...if a guy likes northern fillets....this is your chance!.....oh!.....no walleys!....zip!...simply not in there yet!....apparently just to early and conditions aren't right for walleyes in any numbers...usually someone gets a few nice ones at the dam but not one was caught....but then again I was only there 2 1/2 hours....Warden was checking licenses....after he checked me he looked over my shoulder and started running (yes running!) up the bank after a "potential" not sure what happened there! grin

P1020166copy.jpg

Ooh, you got some slimers. I detest touching the snotty toothy critters. However, they can be a blast to catch. Thanks for sharing your action. I'm a bit of a fair weather fisherman, so my time has not yet come.