• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hip_hop_fisherman

Fish Decoys

Decoys work great for spearing northerns. Also, a big hookless daredevil, (sometimes I hook two together) is a cheaper route, and works better sometimes. Some guy's use a golf ball or two.

The thing about decoy's is that live suckers are kindof a pain sometimes, and with a decoy you don't have to stop at the bait shop early in the AM. But live suckers as decoy's are fun to use also.

I use a large perch or a crappie decoy I made myself when fishing is slow. It does help bring them up.

Hey Hip Hop Fisherman,
This has nothing to do w/ decoys, but I just noticed you put post number 25,000 on the ice forum. CONGRATS! 25,001 for me I guess. wink.gif

Coach Dog

Do you spear often? One decoy will do. Unless you've got two darkhouses and friends who spear. I've heard that when buying decoys, the bigger the better. I don't know if it works that way or not, but I bought the biggest one I could find and killed 'em on LOTW a few weeks ago.