• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Patching holes in Carhartts

Ice Cold

Quick question. Does anyone have any good ideas for patching holes in Carhartt material jackets/bibs? I have worn a few holes through and want to find a good material to patch it up with. And maybe where I could buy this material. Thanks.

At the WalMart, they have an iron on patch that is similiar to denim. I iron one on the inside, one on the outside of the hole, and they work great. Very rugged, and they come in different colors.

[This message has been edited by Mr55371 (edited 12-21-2003).]

I'm with Mr55371 on this one. I patched my keys with the iron on patch from Walmart(found in the sewing section for $1.04 for 2 patches). I just ironed one on the outside of my Key coveralls before this season and it is still solid.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Buy a pair of Carhartt pants and cut off the legs, you not only have enough patching material but with a hem or 2 you have a nice pair of shorts for summer.
Besides it looks better than denim on Carhartt's

------------------
en kala
(I fish)