• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pilots

nwa1819

PP-ASEL here, since last August. Been a dream for years, finally got it done. One of the greatest things I've ever done. Just wish I had more time to fly. Future should be good though, so long as the price of fuel is still within the grasp of a workin' fella. Instrument and floats are, I hope, in the future. Not sure about tailwheel. Multi is doubtful as I just don't see much use for it, unless I get lucky and get that Beech 18 on floats!

Went through the full UND program. CFIAIM. Decided to pursue a carreer in ditch digging after death of a close friend in a commuter crash and seeing what the economy was doing to pilot incomes. Have let instructor certificate lapse and haven't flown since about 93.

just about there, if I didn;t have to fish so much would've been done last spring, I have way to many hours to not have a cert yet, but I figure what the heck, whats the rush, learning is fun, and I would rather have more exp to start with than not enough, love the basic 172, but aiming for the floats. Cheers to the understanding KSTC Staff and E398ES the faithful one..so far.

Was wondering if any of you guys are pilots?

Not in real life... I fly with a virtual airline with MS Flight Sim (FSX). As real as it gets? No...but I enjoy it as a hobby. I know that doesn't count as a pilot, but I've always been an aviation buff. A good friend of mine flies an ERJ-145 for an airline out of Houston.

How about you, nwa1819? I'm guessing you are a pilot?

My first flight was in a four seater piloted by a friend's dad. It made me wonder why car's can't fly yet; it seemed like something we all should be able to do and enjoy. Lots of work and money back in reality land though. I guess flying isn't too hard but flying safely in a wide variety of conditions is.