• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

River Walleyes

I think I'll leave the lakes to the masses and open on the local river. Any good suggestions for baits, colors, action, etc. you'd use for walleyes?

I'm going to be pulling spinners on the river looking for gravel areas above deep holes. I don't know much but this is what worked for me last year. Also will be casting some swimbaits around the sandbars and drops if there's no action on the spinners.

I'm thinking about fishing the mouth of a small river that comes into the mississippi around little falls. There's also a good sized sand bar that goes from 2ft-10ft very quickly at the mouth and a small backwater that gets down to about 6 feet just to the north. The miss. isn't very deep in this area as the deepest holes around are less than 15ft.

Any ideas to try or suggestions??

Should have been more specific. This is a small river in western Minnesota that is barely big enough for a 14' boat. I was think starting with a hammered gold spinner and a night crawler. Might hookup with a decent "cat" too. Thought I would bring fatheads and leaches and do some jigging by deeper holes, meaning a 5' deep depression. Rapalas have worked well also over the years.

If your planning on fishing the Brainerd area change your plans now. The river is aprox 3 to 5 fthigh right now and the landing is under water. The only other landing is the state park and if I remember, that wont be much fun either to try to land a boat.

Looks like ill be joining the masses on gull.

Enless it goes down in 3 days. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duck

It depends on the river and where in it you were planning to fish. Y0u have to give us a bit more info in order for us to help, ducker? It will depend on things like water levels, water clarity, are you going to fish a hole, or a run, or a ripple? Things like that? Please be more specific?

Tight Lines;

Uncle Kes