• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Depth finder battery recharging

troutman72

do you need to run the battery dead befor you charge it? or can it be charged anytime?

my battery usually last 4 to 5 days of fishing and ive used it 4 days and its not dead. and im letting my father use it for the day and id hate for it to go dead on him.

was just wondering if it will hurt it to go on the charger not dead. I know you can ruin a cell battery by doing that!

According Vexilar, You should recharge after every use regardless. My question is how long do you charge for. When I charge with my battery indicator on it reads full charge but when I take the charger off it's only half. Is this a defective/worn battery or just from the charger being on? When I charge for a long time(4+ hours) then it reads full but sometimes over charge. I guess the question really is can you overcharge in less than oh say 8 hourse of charging?

Memory is not an issue with Vexilar batteries.

To insure a long life and lasting top performance, charge after every use with the auto charger.

If you miss a day, no big deal. The idea is to keep it up to snuff and not stress it too much on the low end.

You should try to keep the unit warm when not in use, store inside. This also adds life expectancy to the charging system.

A warm and full battery, is a happy battery.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Hey

When starting with a fully charged battery, I usually charge my unit 2hrs for every 1 hr. of use--think I read it some where--probably vex manual. I've had 3 vexs over 12 years and never had to replace a battery using this formula.

BullsInc

Spend the extra money (about $20) and get the auto charger. It stops charging when it is full and the light turns green. Although I did not know to charge it after every use. I have a couple batteries and I always run it dead and then charge it. Thanks for the tip.

One thing is never overcharge your battery and never undercharge it. Sounds like you have to be perfect grin.gif , but thats what it takes for a battery to run strong for a long time. Also rechage it after every use to top the battery off.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

thanks guys i guess ill charge it after every time from now on though ive been doing it my way for 2 years and havent had a problem. it dose say on my battery not to deep discharge it. thanks again for the help

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

i recently purchased the Lx3.got it home and started charging it.it reached 80% and stayed there for the longest time,apprx.24 hrs. when i took it off the charge it read 100%.never did reach 100% while on the charger?took it out for the first time and it dropped to 40% within 4 hrs.second time i put a charge to it i wanted to try and reach that 100% so i let it go for 3 days.it reached 90% and no further?again when i took it off it read 100%.used it last night for 5 hrs.its still reading 100%.can anyone tell me if this is right or wrong?i dont know if i should let it go for a while longer on the charge or be content with 100% after i take it off the charge? I have sent my question to marcum.waiting for their reply.just thought i would throw this out here to see if anyone has had a simaler experience or had a suggestion.thanks

Was the battery completely warmed up to room temp every time you checked it?

A cold battery will read differently then a warm one will. A battery just brought in from the cold may read 50%, and within a couple of hours the same uncharged battery when retested may read 80% or more.

It is recommend to allow the battery to warm before you start the charging process.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>