• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shock collars

dodge guy

The Collar Clinic for reconditioned collars. Possibly other forums or sites like hsolist.

I personally would buy/recomend Dogtra or Tritronics. I own a Dogtra my self and if I need to purchase another ever, it will be Dogtra.

If you do a search there have been many discussions on this forum about collars that you may find helpful.

Make sure you zap yourself before you zap your dog. It helps to know what you'll do to your dog when you hit the button. Effective tools, but must be used appropriately.

Used is a bit dangerous. The batteries in them don't last forever. My first was a Tritronics and it worked well for 5 or 6 years. The model was disontinued by then and it was going to be big bucks to get things squared away. I would be cautious of an hsolist or hsolist setup. The models change pretty quickly these days and you may find yourself SOL if you have a problem and need help from the manufacturer.

Like Tom said, you need to be cautious if you look for an actual "used" collar from somewhere else. If you do this you would want to look for a newer model and not just any old collar. I know there are Dogtra's around that have only been out for a few years....so that would guarantee a collar is only a few years old.

One other note, I did find my new collar on HSOList. The place I found selling the collars also had a normal site so I checked out the site and called them and ended up buying right through the store over the phone instead of on HSOList. Best price around from what I could find (no tax and free shipping). You can do a search for mygoodpuppy if you are interested.

Originally Posted By: 311Hemi
One other note, I did find my new collar on HSOList. The place I found selling the collars also had a normal site so I checked out the site and called them and ended up buying right through the store over the phone instead of on HSOList. Best price around from what I could find (no tax and free shipping). You can do a search for mygoodpuppy if you are interested.

I also bought my Dogtra new from a store on hsolist. Saved a bundle.

With the used models, you will want to make sure that they replaced the rechargeable batteries.

Nels