• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Confused about Angle-eye

Is the angle-eye lure distributed by other manufactures, and if so is there any difference. I have an angle-eye by jb lures out of Winthrop, Mn. Can you order them just by color?

The angel eye spoons from jb are the same spoon that you will find here and elsewhere as the angel eye junior from scenic tackle.
The original angel eye spoon is called just that, the angel eye. It is quite a bit bigger than the AE junior but just as effective, Ive taken quite a few nice fish off the original angel eye spoons...Have a great ice season!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

I am assuming JB also packages the glow devil as well but calls them "varmits"???????? They look awfully similar, but haven't seen a scenic glow-devil up close yet, so I could be wrong on this.

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 12-19-2003).]

Korn
Just for your info the Varmite and Glow devil are very similar but they are a little different. The Varmite is shaped slightly different but I am sure they will work in a similar manner.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

In my opinion, the Varmit in not even close to the Glow Devil. Similar in apprearance yes, but there are some MAJOR advantages to the Glow Devil if you look closely. This is my 4th year now using Glow Devils and they outfish Varmits big time.

I really like JB lures, they have great paint on them. I just don't think the Varmit is a good comparison to the Glow Devil.

Yes, it is my understanding that JB's Angel Eye and Scenic Tackle Angel Eye Jr's are the same thing. The advantage in getting Scenic Tackle Angel Eyes is the fact that you can get a card of them at a reduced price.

Maybe Jeff will jump in on this one.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Ebass - that is where I was at as well and didn't see them. But seen the varmits and angel eyes from JB and had to say to myself, apples to apples, apples to oranges???

The varmits didn't come in 1/16th oz. so it led me to beleive that they were different, and also the fact that the varmits came in "regular" and "rattle". I picked up a couple of the "rattling" ones. And One of each of the 1/8th blue, red and perch. Now I will be buying a card of the 1/8th glow devils so I can compare. And then get the 1/16th just because smile.gif

Korn_fish, that is the best way. Pick some up and check out the difference. I won't post the differences but the first time you use one will will understand what I am talking about. There are signicant differences between the Varmit and the Glow Devil. Let me know how it goes.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com