• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable sleeper.... any such thing?

You could probably get two cots or reclining lawn chairs in my Clam 6800 or the Clam 1080.
The problem would be if you had a cold night, like below zero cold, it would be hard to keep it warm.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

Last.year.I.seen.a.nifty.home-brew.portable.sleeper.
It.started.as.a.Palomino.pop-up-camper.

They.chopped.the.end.sleeping.areas..
cut.the.shelf.in.half...
and.added.heavier.canvas..
put.4-holes.in.and.they.added.5-gal.pail.inserts.to.seal.it.to.the.ice.

Overall..not.a.bad.2-3.man.sleeper.Shack.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Clam built a sleeper model a few years back and they were nice 8X8 and my uncle still has one I have been thinking of buying it but the last I heard he didn't want to get rid of it every now and then they are for sale in the newspaper.

I have the Clam 1060. We had slept two in it on a couple of Hunting Trips. Turned into my Deer Camp this year. It Worked fine with Cots and the Right Sleeping bags. Just used the Sunflower Heater. Of course we turned the heat off at night well we slept and fired that baby back up when we were awake.

I got the Eskimo Lodge specifically to use as a sleeper portable. You need cots, but it sleeps 2. I also looked at the Northlander insulated which would be nice but it doesn't pull. I also cut holes in the floor of a 10 by 12 canvas tent and bolted it to the ice, which makes a nice sleeper and is easier to carry way out into the backwoods.