• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom Users

mpotter21

I purchased a new Zercom Clearwater Pro Flasher which I have yet to receive. I would like to hear what others think of it? Does it work for you? Any tips? Etc.

Mike--

[This message has been edited by mpotter21 (edited 12-18-2003).]

I didn't like the puck transducer I got with it for ice fishing so I bought an ice ducer (Reed's in Walker??) which allowed me to drop it in my hole. Except... no float. No problem... Hello? Vexilar customer service? Um yeah, I uh burned my styrofoam float on my heater, can I get another one? Had it within a week free of charge. If you fish outside you might want to come up with a way to shade it from the sunlight. People on this forum have suggested to me cardboard, a coffee can sprayed black and bent as needed. Hope this helps.

A ZEN MASTER

I own the ColorPoint and it works good. Never tried the Clearwater Pro. The only problems I have had with the Colorpoint is it doesn't like direct sunlight to hit the flasher face and if I turn up the gain too high I get interfearence from my buddies FL8. Other than that it is a great flasher.

It has great battery life. I too called up Vexilar and told them that I burned the float on my heater and they sent me a new one. I like it better than the arm that hangs out.

I have been using an LCF-40 for several years now and love it. It doesn't have the colors but clearly shows through darkness of the mark any fish closing in on my offering. At the time I got it the price was in my range and I have yet to regret it. Also seems to run forever on a fully charged battery.

I also had a Color Point. Worked great, excellent seperation and resolution. Problem is I always got bad interference when fishing next to other electronics. It didn't matter what the make was and it made my Color Point useless. So I sold the Zercom to a friend who fishes solo and bought a Vex.

If they have solved this problem, great. You'll have yourself a nice unit. If not and you fish with other people that are using electronics, you may want to consider returning it.

I sent my old Clearwater Classic in for repairs last month. They sent it back telling me its obsolete and they no longer repair them.

I wasnt aware that Humminbird had a flasher for ice fishing. Does anyone have a link to a HSOforum that has a pic and info of a Clearwater Pro?

I wonder if the iceducers they are selling for $30.00 will work on an old clearwater classic?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by skindog (edited 12-19-2003).]

ive got the clearwater pro of hsolist for $70 works great not color like vex but a whole lot cheaper, also for float i use some 1/2 inch foam pipe insulation cut to about 2inches long with 2 tie wrap it works great doesnt need stopper just tighten wraps until desired resistance and your set