• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow Devils for Walleyes and Crappies

Matt Johnson

I got out on the ice this afternoon and hit the dusk bite. I found a breakline that flattened out for a ways leading up to hump with one side shallow and one side deep. I located fish on the deep side. Walleyes were hugging the bottom and crappies were suspended in the same area. The walleyes used the hump to feed at dusk and the crappies suspended at the same depth off the hump in deeper water. I caught 9 walleyes and 11 crappies. All of the fish came off of 1/8 oz Glow Devils packed with maggots. The walleyes were small but still smacked the spoon. The crappies were a little bit better in the 9-11 inch range and one that went about 15 inches. I brought along the digital camera and here's a pic of the crappie...

fa474c11.jpg

I focused on the walleyes and once a crappie showed up suspended I would raise the spoon and get a hit. The spoon was nice because no crappies got off, all were solid hook sets.

All of the fish went back in the lake.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum