• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hyfax on new sleds in future right from factory?

slabs-ia

You guys think some of the tent makers will start adding the runners to the new products in the future? It would run the prices up but do you think it would be worth it ? I just put some on my old frabil and it wasnt too hard but with all the runner hype i would expect someone to step up and start adding them on new tents..any opinions?

Ya it would be a great idea but then they couldnt sell as many sleds. Thats all its about. They all know that tub wear is a problem but would rather sell ya hyfax at 3 times the cost and try to sell ya new tubs and houses. Without Hyfax my Fishtrap wouldnt last a month the way I use it.

For people that dont have tow vehicles it is a lot harder to pull a sled with the hi fax runner than with out them. That may be one reason that they dont put them on, along with added cost. I'm sure that many ice fisherman have no sled or wheeler to pull with. My gripe is that they dont size them correctly. I had to splice two together for my fishtrap voyager. What a pain and must increase drag

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

[This message has been edited by Gadgetman (edited 12-18-2003).]

I disagree about the comment that hyfax with out a tow vehicles is hard to pull when pulling by hand. This is not true at all if they are installed correctly at least this is the case with my otter. I put runners on this year I didn't have them last year and when I pull it it is much easier that it was last year. I usually pull it with my 4 wheeler but when moving it around this year it is much easier than it was last year.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I agree with iffWalleyes! I have a Otter Magnum and put the hy-fax on it last year and it pulled like a dream. With the Hy-fax runners it sits up a little higher which helps it go over snow better. If you look at a stock otter sled pulled thru. a couple inches of snow compared to one with the hy-fax runners you will see the surface area of the stock sled touches the entire sled width which creates more drag. With the hy-fax you only see the 5 or 6 runners that touch the snow thus is less drag on the sled. Even in deeper snow it helps it ride up higher and cuts through the snow. Granted a foot of new snow is going to be hard pulling no matter what sled you have. That’s what the ATV is for. My personal opinion is, get the hy-fax runners, protect your investment, and make it easier on your self if you pull your shack by hand.

Again my .02!

Thats what I did with my Trap Guide this year. I had some old skiis in the garage and put some thin plywood strips on the inside so the srews wouldn't pull through. It pulls sweet. Wish that I would have done this a couple years ago , before my tub wore through!
Dan DAN

------------------

Here's another vote for the pulling easier part. There is less sled surface touching the snow. This is one reason why a few of us went in and bought large quantity to ourfit our sleds. Still have a few strips left too. Much cheaper than buying the factory kits. Besides, once you have spend the amount that Otter gets for their sleds you hate to have to drag it across a parking area. Hyfax adds years to the sled.
If interested in some e-mail me at [email protected] or see my post in the for sale under $150 area.