• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the best jig for Crappies?

Mojo Rising

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The TackleCity.com Crappie jig kit is pretty darn good. Glow Devils and yes, Angel Eyes as well.

I like to use a Glow Devil as my search lure when 1st locating crappies on Upper Red Lake.

When they stop slamming the heavier Glow Devils I tone down to a fluttering Angel Eye or lighter Glow Devil and when that slows then tone down some more to the TackleCity.com Crappie Jigs.

COOL - Upper Red Lake Crappie Fishing Video Thread - Click here

Crappie Tackle - CLICK HERE

phelps tick, or snake jigs in red glow!
second my red glow angel eye.
that is just for the big red. each lake seems to be different. that lake is definately different. some lakes require the plain hook with lively minnow to fool the wiley crapodile wink.gif

------------------
keep your 9 iron on the ice!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

My best this year has been a 1/16th oz Cicada. Its not a jig but it sure works like a champ. Caught lots of finiky crappies and sunnies with this thing.
My second best has been a glow devil for crappies.

------------------

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You really should take a look at the Tackle City Panfish jigs. The Fat Fry are about 1/4 the price of fat boys with better hooks and definitely a better paint job.

Save money get more jigs and get better jigs.

http://TackleCity.com

Wow, Those jigs look nice! I never looked at the panfish and crappie jigs before now, only the Angel Eyes and Glow Devils. I was "stareing" at the paint jobs for a while....They're almost artistic! Are those things hand painted or what? If I'm correct, you get 50+ jigs for less than $20, that's a deal. Well, I think I'll tell the girlfriend that some of my Christmas shopping can be done right here. Maybe I'll hang a few on the Christmas Tree! smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

One thing that has turned a lot of crappies for me. Take a glow Rat Finkee and cut the rubber/plastic collar completely off so you just have a tiny glow jig, then I bend the hook making it shorter but with a wider gap (like a Northland Fireball jig) tip with a small crappie minnow and presto. I use this setup a lot in the metro, small presentation sems to help. Had minimal success on URL with it, they wanted something bigger.

A ZEN MASTER