• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bobb-o

alteration to my ice-busters

I devised a great new way to make the ice-busters even better, I take three colored sharpie permanent markers and i draw lines going up the bobber, has really helped me pick up some light lift-bites on crappies lately.

------------------
you know what i dont understand?.........everything!

smart. Is it just me or does anyone else notice how ice fishermen can tinker with just about anything and make it better? I get great ideas from these forums.

The glow stick works great. I would like to see a orange and maybe a black ice buster. The yellow tends to blend into the water a lot on some lakes. Thus the need for a red marker to color the top 1/4th" on it or a glowstick.

I don't mind the yellow, but why not make them out of a yellow glow in the dark material? The main reason I bring a lantern while ice fishing is so I can see the bobber I'm not looking directly at. However if they glowed in the dark, I could change the hole I'm working every 20-30 seconds and still see the other bobber while just using a headlamp.

Evenflow

------------------
It's all just theory till you hit the water.

Bobb-o, Good Idea. I have used a Bright Orange permanent marker and drew rings up the shaft of the Ice Buster. But my marker would wash out in time. Maybe yours works better. A glow stick (3-mm.) works good in the top of the Ice Buster. Poke a starter hole with a toothpick and then insert. I've also used a toothpick that is inserted into a very small orange styrofoam bobber and then poked this unit into the top of the Ice Busters for a better view from a distance. So if you trim the Ice Buster down you can still see it from a distance with this unit.

Northlander. If you have ever seen my Foam Walker (summer slip sinker) it's made out of the same dia. foam as the 3" Ice Buster Bobbers except that they are Black. You can snap off the weight and then use the rest as you would an Ice Buster Bobber. Good luck, Bruce Mosher

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Going off your description I think you’ll be fine leaving a small dock in over the winter.  Anything that would happen shouldn’t be a major disaster.  Keep the deck above the water line.
    • I'm no bird expert, but I'd like to think one of those big neon signs that lights up orange with "OPEN" on it, would help!!
    • Swap the wild bird seed for sunflower chips. Goldfinches love it!
    • Probably 10-15 years. At least.
    • At first glance, I was going to ask if the circus came to town.  LOL.    Really, there is a bird visible there in the photo.    How long has this arrangement been in place?  I ask, since it does take awhile for the birds to find the new feeders.  
    • Another summer with few birds. Anybody see any problems with this feeder assortment? I have 1 or 2 Oriole pairs when I had dozens last year. I have a couple catbirds. I have nuthatches galore like everyone. Purple finches are still around. Also have cardinals like last year. I did have 1 Indigo Bunting but no neat/unusual visitor birds even passing thru. More red-wing black birds than before. No hummers. No goldfinches. No grosbeaks.  I've read house sparrows chase things away and I do have a quite a few but not infested by any means. Lots of blue Jays. Very few of the assorted bigger blackbirds. Haven't seen a cat prowling around hardly all year either. Feeders are kept well stocked (safflower,thistle, premium wild bird seed, black sunflower, grape jelly, & hummer juice) and clean with fresh seed but none of my favorite birds I mentioned. That PVC pole hasn't had a squirrel figure it out for at least 2 years and the couple that did aren't talking. Is this too much too close together? Any suggestions?
    • Dang...  I just passed through Ely on Sunday and glanced at the store, thinking about him.  Quite the character.  No more rides in the Pope Mobile. 🙁   Rest in Peace Sir Maki.   Thanks for posting @leech~~
    • The steep sides on shore continue and drops off pretty fast.  A good peecentage of the pond is 8-10.  I saw one spot that was 11 foot.     The neighbor says it has springs and it took a bit longer to get walkable ice than it should have considering the size.  I had been out on a couple smaller metro lakes last winter, figured it had to have been frozen pretty good.  Two steps on the pond and fell right through. It didn't seem to suffer from any winterkill last winter.  It doesn't get a lot of weeds.     Still working on a fish survey.  I can confirm that there are big goldfish and bullheads.  I have seen some pretty good size swirls around dusk making me wonder if there aren't a few bass in there.
    • How deep is it?  May be they would care if you drop a few bass and sunnies in it?  😉