• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

alteration to my ice-busters

Bobb-o

I devised a great new way to make the ice-busters even better, I take three colored sharpie permanent markers and i draw lines going up the bobber, has really helped me pick up some light lift-bites on crappies lately.

------------------
you know what i dont understand?.........everything!

The glow stick works great. I would like to see a orange and maybe a black ice buster. The yellow tends to blend into the water a lot on some lakes. Thus the need for a red marker to color the top 1/4th" on it or a glowstick.

I don't mind the yellow, but why not make them out of a yellow glow in the dark material? The main reason I bring a lantern while ice fishing is so I can see the bobber I'm not looking directly at. However if they glowed in the dark, I could change the hole I'm working every 20-30 seconds and still see the other bobber while just using a headlamp.

Evenflow

------------------
It's all just theory till you hit the water.

Bobb-o, Good Idea. I have used a Bright Orange permanent marker and drew rings up the shaft of the Ice Buster. But my marker would wash out in time. Maybe yours works better. A glow stick (3-mm.) works good in the top of the Ice Buster. Poke a starter hole with a toothpick and then insert. I've also used a toothpick that is inserted into a very small orange styrofoam bobber and then poked this unit into the top of the Ice Busters for a better view from a distance. So if you trim the Ice Buster down you can still see it from a distance with this unit.

Northlander. If you have ever seen my Foam Walker (summer slip sinker) it's made out of the same dia. foam as the 3" Ice Buster Bobbers except that they are Black. You can snap off the weight and then use the rest as you would an Ice Buster Bobber. Good luck, Bruce Mosher