• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac seul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going up to lac seul for the first time any pointers would be appreciated. Any hooks the work good or colors. Well be fishing for walleye and northern and if we catch enough of them maybe some muskie.

In our group it seemed like orange and Chartresue, White and blue and white worked jigs were the best. we got some at 7' but mostly around 12-15 feet on or near structure. Others probably have better more current info.

Got back from our trip to Lac Seul at Mahkoons last Wednesday.

Had a great trip - great weather and good fishing. Biggest fish of the trip was 27 1/2" long, 6 1/2 lbs caught by me - caught on the first day there on a white lead head with a Gulp 5" Leech.

We never really had many problems catching our eater fish, and did well at Vaughn Lake in shallow water - 4 - 10' of water most of the time, just inside to just outside of the weedline.

We had the best luck on a Orange Lead Head and Salted minnows - when they were hitting Gulp worked well, when they were a bit passive the Gulp didn't perform as well. I would say the longest spell we had without a bite was 1/2 hour - but the group that was right behind us was picking up fish, so who knows what the deal was.

The water level was definitely up - giving us access to some areas that we haven't had in the past. Watch for floating logs - it wasn't terrible, but they were out there more than previous years.

I'll post some pictures when I get them.

marine_man

Anyone been up to Chamberlain Narrows lately? We head up this Friday and can't wait to go fishing for some eyes. Just looking for some stories(if you don't mind), what worked best and where and when? Did anyone troll cranks recently?

Had a great trip - great weather and good fishing. Biggest fish of the trip was 27 1/2" long, 6 1/2 lbs caught by me - caught on the first day there on a white lead head with a Gulp 5" Leech.

Must have had some great guides on your trip. They must have really knew what they were doing. smile

I was there fourth of July week. fished mostly for big northerns and Muskie. The walleye fishing is always good. check the cabbage beds with a jig and minnow or gulp. the walleys went nuts in the weeds. if you are staying at Ojibway fish wallyes right in the narrows. If you find them on the fish finder you can catch all you want. For some reason late August the big pike hit the weed beds. If you run a rad dog or spinner thrugh them or over the top you might gt some big ones. Good luck