• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bio Bait Crappies

Matt Johnson

I spent the morning and midday chasing crappies on a Metro lake. Found that the fish were relating to the primary breaks off some shallow weeds in slightly deeper water. The fish that were in the shallower weeds were small and active, hitting just about anything put in front of them. The fish off the breakline were suspended and were light biters. I dropped down the same small 1/16 oz spoon that I was using in the weeds out on the breaks, but with no takers. The crappies would slowly rise then slide back down. I needed to go smaller and slower. I grabbed a rod that had a size 8 Custom Jigs n Spins glow Ratso. I tipped the ratso with three pieces of Bio Bait Ice Bits Larvae...and wham! They ate that up. First fish was a hefty 14 incher! Here's a pic...

fa47f5bd.jpg

This was the biggest of 27 fish in a twenty yard area. 8 of the 27 fish were in the 10-12 inch range, and the rest were under 10 inches. Every fish in the weeds was no bigger then 9 inches.

Bio Bait out fished euro larvae 2 to 1. I beileve that the extra scent from the Bio Bait triggered those sly biters into striking. The slight movement that the real larave gave off causing the jig to spin slightly, which made the fish hesistant. The Bio Biat could be held comepletely motionless, and thats what the fish wanted today. I slight jiggle, then the finesse plastic of the Ratso quivered just enough to keep the presentation appealing, and the Bio Bait sealed the deal.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Matt:
For not being out on Red, that is one beautiful slab! I hope we can hook up on Red or any of these events.
Again Congrats on the pie
Tim
ps just courious? release or frying pan?

That one went back in the lake. Not a lot of big crappies in the Metro anymore and its important to let them go. Anything over 10 inches goes back in the lake for me. I like the smaller 8-10 inchers for the fryin pan.

Yep, Bio Bait is really a great new way of catching fish. It makes things a lot easier and is easy to fish with, not to mention it really catches fish.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Frozenminnow,
I love this line of yours...
"Crappie:
It's the other white meat."

A good one...FUN smile.gif .

Got your order in today and it'll be out and on the way to you tomorow... ya-ubet.

Best of luck with the Bio-Bait products and a Merry Christmas to you!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

That's it! I'm buying, too! I never got the test samples but who the h-e-doublehockeysticks cares?!?! The proof's in the puddin! Looking forward to trying these out myself.

If we're following the Fat Ba$tard - Austin Powers logic, shouldn't it be "Crappie: the other, other, other white meat"? wink.gif

Cheers!

Matchman

After seeing Matt's slab I'm sold,
catch-n you got paypal buddy. I ordered the larvae the worms and the shinners, I cant wait to try these out.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.