• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preparing Eel Pout

iffwalleyes

let them frost over before attempting to clean them its much easier. Also filleting them from the bung hole to the tail gives you a nice piece of meat. I have found that eating them right away instead of freezing and eating them latter, they tase much better.

Well, next LOW trip I'm cleaning up all of the burb's, and cutting em up, and the wife and kids are going to have a heckuva good fish stick supper.

I'll report on if the wife and kids can distinguish between walleye and burb's.

Have you guy's ever done this kind of taste testing before. I've fried northern-bass-and walleye (all cut into similar sized and shaped chunck) all together, and nobody knows any difference.

Of course us grizzly oldtimers that have ate more fish than a pelican can tell right off.

I did a taste test bet on a buddy one time: I blindfolded him - and poured a glass each of old milwaukee, and his favorite $8.00 /sixpack Corona - and guess what? the old mil won as the best tasting beer!!

I did that to a friend of mine also. He will not drink Miller beer products, only Budweiser. He claimed it tastes like dump and gives him gas. I had no full cans of Bud, just emptys. I poured the Miller into the Bud can and he never knew the difference. I laughed inside as he discussed his prowess in differentiating the many brands of beer. I even asked him why he liked the Bud(Miller) he was drinking. Acting like a wine tester, swirling it around his glass, then he swirled it around his mouth while makeing goofy slurping noises. Then while holding it up to the light to check for color, I pointed out a small piece of a Slim Jim and small particles of potato chips that was floating in his beer glass and asked him if the meat and chips would effect the integrity of his testing, he assured me it wouldn't. grin.gif When I figured he'd made a big enough fool out of himself, I told him about the beer........After several seconds he replyed, "I knew it all along". However, he refused to drink another Miller beer even though I said I'd put it in a Bud can for him, claiming that he hates that crappy tasting beer and it gives him gas!! Then he got all mad at me because I was laughing at him because of all the farting he was experiencing from the Bud, I mean Miller beer. grin.gif The one nice thing about all this....I never have to get up to fetch him another beer!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 12-16-2003).]

Haha, I did the same thing to my Grandma with fish. She loved to eat crappie, but would not eat rock bass, was convinced they were awful. We had a big fishfry once and I was in charge of filleting the fish. well, I did up a bunch of rock bass with the crappies and we feasted. after we were done, I made sure everyone enjoyed them, and yep, everyone said they tasted great, including granma. then I broke the news, we ate rock bass! But instead of getting enlightened, she just got mad at me, oh well, traditon is hard to kill !

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}("< ---><!>

We have always taken the back strip. cube it and boil in water. Take a stick of butter and saute 1 tsp "Pressed" garlic
dip cubes in butter just like lobster.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.