• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Lures for 2004

Walleye #1

I have a question on some of the new lures out this year and if they have been productive.

Has anyone tried out the new Buckshot Dropper Spoon? I think this looks pretty deadly especially with the dropper for thos finicky perch?

Also anyone heard much ab out the Jiggle Bug or Doodle Bug??

The last thing that really intrigues me is the new Techni Glo Tails? They seem like they have some merit, but part of me thinks that sometimes a fisherman can go overboard and make their presentation to fancy. After all simple usually seems to out produce fancy? If these things are good, what types of lures do these tails work best on??

Every year it seems like something new and innovative comes out onto the market. Is it a gimmick or will it really work?? That is the million dollar question. Hopefully a fisherman doesn't spend that much on this new stuff. I just thought I would ask for some info or advice before I went out and spent $ on this new stuff. I guess everthing is designed to work.

Thanks
May you drill your holes straight and your bobbers stay under!

Walleye #1

Pretty hard to make a call this early in the season. But, I really like Custom Jigs and Spins Nuclear Powered Ants. Not just because I like ant-style baits for panfish, but I like the idea of mixing the skirt colors with the body colors. The skirts on the Nuke Ants are swappable.

http://customjigsandspins.com/softbody/nuclear_ant.html

I don't think this sets the world on fire, but it does give you an option that you don't typically enjoy with winter baits. Kind of like summertime where a lot of us build our own spinnerbaits, pick a skirt, pick a blade. Options are good, at least for me.