• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tips for keeping augers running at peak performance

Minnetonka

I am looking for tips or just plain regular maintenance that others use to keep your auger motor running at peak performance. I am thinking about things such as

- Gas additives
- Carburetor adjustments
- Fuel filters

Sometimes my auger will start up just fine and I drill a couple of holes, if I put the auger down and then try to start it up after it has sat for a few minutes, I have a hard time getting it going again.

Tonka:
Have you tried synthetic oil? Gas/Oil seperation can make for hard starting on any 2 stroke in cold weather. After giving them a sample tank full, 2 people I know have been using Amsoil 100:1 premix for the last week with great results. Though the synthetics are a little spendy, they are mixed at a higher ratio therefore there really isn't any money loss. The plugs seem to be burning cleaner also. Are you going to be at the Winnie Event? If so look me up I will have 5 gallons of mixed with me and I will set you up with a tank full, on me.
Hope this helps

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

Clean.fresh.fuel/oil/conditioner.mix.

Mix.smaler.amounts.fuel.oil.fuel-stabilizer/conditioner.
(To.prevent.a.bogus.fuel-mixture.from.contaminating.fuel.system.)
Use.fuel.up.entirely.before.mixing.new.batch.
I.mix.1gal.only.at.a.time.

Fresh.spark.plug.yearly.keep.old.one.handy.for.spare.

Maintain.Sharp.cutting.surfaces.
Do.not.make.the.auger.work.harder.then.need.be.

Drail.or.run.dry.tank.at.seasons.end.
Run.Stabilizer/fuel/mix.through
.whenever.left.unused.for.any.extended.periods.

I have an auger that is 10+ years old - last year I finally ran some Sea Foam thru it - ran poor until all the SF wents thru - then it ran 10 times better.

Cheap - quick - ez first step.

MN

Frozenminnow;

Been Hearing more and more about this oil
your testing. I'v been looking for some info. on it and a dealer, locally.

Do you distribute this product?

Do You have any history or literature to support its use in ice augers, at the 100:1 ratio, in the minus O f. temp's?

If this oil lub's the engine at that ratio,
I can see where it would improve plug fouling, carb. gumming and decrease emissions.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by JIGLFIN (edited 12-15-2003).]

[This message has been edited by JIGLFIN (edited 12-16-2003).]