• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bearclawchris

Frabill Ice Shuttle

Hey just wanted to ask if anyone knows about a sled shelter for 1 man that frabill made and discontinued. I have an older friend that just had a knee replaced that is looking for one for his fishing this year. The old bucket just won't work out well this year.It was a model 6025 Frabill Ice Shuttle. If anyone knows of a location of a good used one please let me know. I know you all probably use Good shanties in the north, but I am from Il. and just wanted to put the word out whereever I could. Thanks and good fishing.

I saw a one man Frabill flipover down at Gander Mountain in Lakeville last weekend. One person, no seat, just an indentation where you put your bucket to sit on. Looked like an OK unit. Maybe this would work.

Maybe you can get it through Cabela's or Reeds if you can't get it locally.

Thanks for your replies. I check HSOList regularly but no luck yet. I might check gander mountain and cabelas. This model is discontinued but perhaps they have a similar one or backstock. Good fishing.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Did well fishing today. Pitching jigs to the rocks in town produced fish. Also headed north up river and picked up some fish there. Released the females and kept a 2 man limit of males.  Couldn’t have asked for a better day of weather to be on the water.    
    • No pictures tonight because my phone was on the charger but I made no flip, smoked, hamburgers like this. ....   https://grillagrills.com/recipes/no-flip-burger-recipe/
    • Pfunk, I can take one of those jakes out for you! Slow first day for me, just one gobbling at the thunder.
    • You don't need one of those, they're overpriced anyway. Any smoker will do.
    • Thanks Dave. Sure wish I had one of them expensive fancy pellet grills.
    • yep sucker em with gobble call or gobbler yelps on a diaphragm ,they fit nicely in a deep fryer !
    • Man what a frustrating day. Had a pair of jakes that decided to spend their day in our vicinity and they ran off a pair of toms that were cutting across the plowing headed for us this morning, then this evening we were pretty confident the nicest tom we saw today would be headed past us to get back to the roost and sure enough... he followed the script. As I was readying the gun on him those 2 jakes decide to come out of the woods, he sees them, and dumps into the ravine with them chasing behind.    EDIT: Now 3 times they have run one off. That tom just made another attempt to sneak his way in and they ran him off again. Never wanted to shoot a jake as bad as I want these two gone.
    • O i know they can be.  I have a good CO and fire detector.  I had one in my last house and it worked good.  I dont plan on doing much sleeping in it maybe a few times a winter.  
    • It's basically how chicken is cooked for bbq contests.   I started out by trimming excess fat and skin off the chicken thighs. Then I make a brine of water, salt, brown sugar and franks red hot. I like to leave the chicken pieces in the brine for at least 4 hours.    I heat up the grill to 300 and melt 2 sticks of butter in a cake pan. When the grill is preheated and the butter is melted I put the chicken pieces in skin up but some do it skin down. I sprinkle my rub seasoning on the top of the skin and under the skin. Cook in smoker at 300 for about 1 hour.    Take pan out of smoker and take chicken out of butter. Dip each piece in bbq sauce and sprinkle on more rub and put back on grill for about another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked to about 165-170.