• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 deer season structure

I also hunt unit 10. Agree that the Oct. hunt is foolish in that area, although with unlimited anterless tags, I think they are still killing more deer than is waranted. Need some way to take more deer from private land, and fewer from public.

Originally Posted By: longcaster
Wow- back to the stupid Oct hunt

Yeah, I don't like it either. I thought our area would be earn a buck so I made sure I got a doe last season but it's a herd control unit with the Oct. hunt. Really screws up the bow hunt on public land.

I see it appears that the Zone T season is not in my area this year.

I agree. That Oct zone T can mess up the bow hunting.

I don't think it would be so bad if after the season closes, people would pick up the bait piles they put out.

I have seen some dandy bait piles.

Well I hunt unit 21 and it just missed the eab tag. I am not a fan of the Oct hunt either really mess's with bow season especially on public land. I see guys who have large area's of private land hunting the public because they want to leave their land alone and its the only time of the year they hunt doe's. I agree about the private land comment of DonBo he hit it right on the head.For example a guy owns 320 acres and they go out and shoot 6 bucks and that it .Thats for bow and gun season and allow nobody else on the rest of the season not even neighbors. So where do the deer go? Right onto their land where nobody can et at them.Now don't get me wrong its THEIR property to do as they wish but that is an example of what needs to be addressed. I don't see that there is a thing that can be done about it only way would be earn a buck.