• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley Gulp!

Mr55371

Anybody tried this stuff out with success..? I was on a school of sunny today and catching with wax worms. Put some Gulp! on to try it out and got nothing. Isolated incident, or is this stuff just no good...?

I was using it today to see if it was true that it is as good as the live stuff. Had a lot of action going on on the vex when I would put it down there but didn't seem to get many to bite. I didn't bring any live bait out which I will do tomarrow so I don't know if they were just inactive.Hopefully it was just the day and not the product cause I would like to have it around on the few times I go panfishing during the season.

had a lot of success with it this summer for crappies but have yet to try it during the hard water....One thing that i have had a lot of success with is the berkley powerbait crappie nibbles, which i think work better than waxies

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.

Don't give up on it just yet. The smallest Berkley product I would use thru the ice are the power wrigglers, the one inch twisters, or th crappie nibbles and the gulp larva in jars( if the fish are quite active). Most plastics today are designed with the open water angler in mind....doesn't mean though that they cannot have thier place thru the ice. I'd be doing some custminzing...trimming, lopping, modifying, etc...to get these larger baits downsized to work for you. Thru the ice you need to be very aware of profile...too much and the fish will only look.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Crappie Tom has some good advise. I have used the wigglers in green and pink with success on active fish. I still much prefer live bait through the ice. I also find lighter equipment and smaller lures to work better through the ice.

I tryed it on Sat. side by side with wax worms. The results were, that the sunnies would swim up to the gulp and stare at it and maybe grab it for a second then spit it out and just hang out. The waxies, they would emiediatly grab and run with it. FISH ON! smile.gif I used two different kinds of gulp. Maybe it will work better for perch or crapps. I dont know confused.gif Good luck, Tim