• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buddy heater vs. dyna-glo

I'm looking to buy one of these heaters they look to be pretty much the same. Anyone have problems with either unit. Dyna-glo is at Menards with a carrying case that holds the unit and 2- 1lb. bottles for $69.00 seems to be a good deal. Thanks for the help!

I've got a dyna glo, and have fished with the buddies, too. Used to be the dyna glo was a lot cheaper, but now the buddies have come down in price.

buddy maxes at 9,000 btu, dyna glo at 8,000. the thing that puts the dyna glo over the top for me is the carrying case. It protects the unit from the dings and bangs of everyday fishing, and it keeps the heater free from dust and dirt and snow. You've got to keep the ceramic on these heaters clean to keep them working well, and a cased heater is a clean heater.

either way, they're good heaters, and either one will do you just fine. also, for about $15, you can get a hose that adapts the unit so you can hook it up to a 20-lb propane tank. Not fun to tow all that on foot, but if you're using a sled, wheeler or vehicle the extra weight doesn't matter. either heater will operate most efficiently on the bigger tanks, because with the 1-lbers there's less pressure, and once they're 2/3 empty the heater won't put out as many btus.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

TSC (Tractor Supply Company) Sells the Buddy for $68.63 which is cheap compared to most retailers running $89.00

Last weeks add featured them on the front page. While the local TSC store was out of stock a larger retailer did a price match for me. I have not used it yet I am hoping it works well for me.

From what I remember $68.63 is less than the Dyna-Glo carried by Menards and the Buddy put out 1000 btu's more. I am not sure how because if you look at the two units they look like they were made in the same sweat shop in Malaysia.

carry on

I picked up Dyanglo at Menards last year and love it. I've looked at many different heaters and picked it mainly for price and the carrying bag. My buddy has a buddy, pardon the pun, and he likes it. Basically, either will work great. Price seems to be the deciding factor. You can always find some sort of bag to put the other one in to keep it clean over the summer. Good luck in your quest.