• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CO2 Inflateable Life Vests, which one is best?

Perch Jerker

I know this question doesn't pertain only to ice fishing, but to all fishing & outdoor water activities.

I'm looking for the best (most comfortable, least intrusive, quality) CO2 inflatable life vest. The ones that are like a thin vest/suspenders look and inflate when the handle is pulled.

I'm looking for something that I can wear for early ice if I hit a thin spot, early/late cold water fishing, duck hunting, etc. I never wear a 'regular' life jacket because of the bulk, but would wear an inflateable in these dangerous water adventures.

What brand is the 'best' out there and why?

Thanks,
PJ

try Stearns or SOS either one is great. make sure you get the longer ones. the short ones aren't as comfortable. I would also look at the automatic ones. You can set them off yourself or if for some reason you are unable to they will inflate for you. They have a sensor that is covered and won't go off till the water gets to the sensor. rain won't set them off. I use them early ice and when I'm on a new body of water that I don't know about the current.

I also purchased one for the ice season. I bought the SOSpenders camo version on HSOList. There only seems to be one vender on HSOList which sells an older model that looks just like the new model but with a different name. It is for the average person and they are a little short but I talked with the SOSpender rep on the phone and he said you want them short, up around your rib cage for best protection. I figured for saving $60, I would buy it and would only be wearing it out and back in on early and late ice anyway.