• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

washing canvas

pj4

has any one tried to wash the canvas on there portable? my dog used my otter for a bed. grrr. honey put the gun away!! but-but that f$%#ken damm dog. she lived, but ill bet she never goes near the shack again!!

Instead of killing poochie (Please say u were joking), try to use Dawn Antibacterial dishsoap at the car wash, after that use a silcone base water repellent.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

that is another concern, does a person want to water proof the canvas. im thinking ,it breathing helps with condensation. my worries is it will fade when washed, or worse, shrink if i use hot water.by the way, she ( the dog) did live. i waited till the next time she tried to get in and explained why that was not nice.

[This message has been edited by pj4 (edited 12-12-2003).]

If you use a mild soap such as dish soap it shouldn't bleach it out. As for waterproofing? I would suggest it as it will also help to prevent rot. I have washed older canvas tents with no problem.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 12-13-2003).]

hey you can remove the canvas and take it to the car wash and wash it off let dry and wala its done. if all you want is the hair and smell off this should do it (just dont go overboard and get to close the water will ripp the canvas if you give it a chance). ive done this with my trap 2 (the cat found a warm sleeping spot kept the mice out)and you will want to spray it with water repelant. if your worried about condensation just dont spray the sides. hope this helps,

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<