• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you chase and where?

erikwells

I love to fish but have little time since the birth of my son December 1, 2002. I have been on the ice once since he was born. I live near Elk River. However my wife and son will be spending a week in San Francisco January 15-21. I intend to do some serious fishing. Anyone have any recommendations for someone that wants to make the best of their limited time to be a serious fisherman? Thanks..

I have to agree with LOW. My wife is originally from the area (IFalls) and in the insurance biz. One of her clients owns a resort on LOW and lets us use a fishhouse with supplies for $10 a weekend (good friends=good perks and it doesn't hurt that her dad is a fishing guide up there). Man is the walleye bite incredible! Can't stop icing those guys when they're hungry.

So the wife and kids are gone for a couple of days. What Time should I come over and should I bring the beer or steaks? wink.gif

I sounds like this may be your only trip of the year, so I will follow along with the rest and say LOW.

Scott

Thanks all. Appears to be unanimous LOW. I may be tied down locally being I have horses that need to be fed. Any suggestion 1 hour within Elk River?

Maybe not this year but I am going to the lake of the Woods. You guys make it sound like you catch so many fish that you get sore.

If you are stuck closer to home. I do hit Mille Lacs a few times a year maybe we could hook up. I'm also from Elk River. Taking my 5 yr old out today. First trip of year for him, he sure is excited. If your intrested shoot me an email. [email protected] thanks Scott...

------------------
I really should be fishing right now !!!