• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is powerpro line worth the extra $$$?

Pharcta2

PowerPro is by far my choice of super lines especially in heavier weight. Fireline in anything over 14# test is too stiff and has lots of memory. Powerpro is slightly smaller in dia and more flexiable and no memory...GB

I've got powerpro on all my rods (hard and soft water) except for my UL rod which has 2lb flourocarbon. I absolutly love the line, in the long run it will be less expensive because it will last you 3-4 times longer than mono that needs to be changed every year. Its also great to work with since it has very little memory and won't fly off the spool like most new mono's. Try it out, you won't be dissappointed.

Fisherdog

I've seen Power Pro get iced up when ice fishing in the elements (outside of a shelter), not good! It retains the water when reeled in and big ice clumps freeze on the spool.

Makes hassels!

OTherwise great stuff, I use it on my bass set-up for open water.

GL