• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 hole patching products that work

Yup, the mice got to my 4x8 portable this year. Luckily I still have the leftover canvas from the shop. I ran into Fleet Farm to see what they had and I got 2 products, Tear Mender, and Sportsmans Goop. Now, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to dump like this but I figured its cheaper than new canvas. I tested both brands tonight on canvas. Goop takes a bit longer. Both are very flexible. Turns out they are both great. But the tear mender takes the cake. Its much easier to apply and seems a bit stronger. If you still think its a cheap gimmick,....Try tearing it appart.

My Trap II canvas tent has had its share of tears. I either sew in new canvas, use the self-adhesive fabric patches available at fabric stores, or use the hot glue with glue gun that Mrs. Catfish has for craft stuff. All work pretty well. In the end, patches are fastest, sewing slowest but longest-lasting and glue gun a good intermediate. grin.gif

By the way, I've taken light canvas and cut and hemmed it, sealing the hems with the hot glue, then glueing the canvass to the slits up the side of the Trap to seal out unwanted breezes, and it's holding like gangbusters. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I've used the Sportsmans Goop for many things. Boat lift canopies, camper canopies, waiders, shoes, boots, etc. It really works well initially but it seems like it may start to try cracking apart after a few months of the initial application. I put a second application over it and never seen a problem.