• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lisences???

gvg_uwec

Over xmas break i am going to go up and stay with my girlfriend in the cites for a few days but she has to work during the day..i said no problem ill go icefishing while u work grin.gif...but i need to know what lisences that minnesotas requires so i can plan on bringing my new xltwin or not. hopefully the dnr wont break my bank too bad...any help would be appreciated

No shelter license required in ND (and other states).

Wish it was that way here. Especially for portables. That, I cannot understand. If it's staying overnight and unoccupied then yes it should have a license, but otherwise no. It keeps coming up in the legislature but never seems to go very far.

[This message has been edited by LMITOUT (edited 12-10-2003).]

I agree. I don't mind putting a license on my fish house, but one for the portable is a bit extreme. I'm still sore over the $100 South Dakota hunting license I had to buy, and at that price it's only good for two five day blocks.

i wasnt trying to come off as complaining about the price, i just dont have any money right now thats all... guess i shouldnt have spent 400 on the a new xltwin, 100 on a digital camera, and 215 on a trip to florida all right before xmas thats all grin.gif ill live and its a small price to pay for a little bit of fun over break

gvg_uwec:

I didn't take your concerns as whining.

Money matters. And when you want to come to Minnesota from out of state and fish for a couple days and it costs that much, it's a problem.

I've lived in North Dakota and Wisconsin for many years while our family maintained a cabin north of Bemidji, so I've been buying out-of-state family licenses and fish shelter licenses and what have you for a long time. On the one hand, it's cheap as entertainment goes, and on the other it's been a pain in the, well, you know.

So I understand what you mean. Come and fish and have a blast. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I'm pretty sure MN lets out-of-state students buy resident licenses, I know they did a few years ago. I think it's a great thing for MN to do this. I had a WI friend in college and all he did was go down to the local Fleet Farm and buy a license w/ his Student I.D. card. But now that they swipe your driver's license, I don't know if this is what they still do.

Coach Dog

Yes as long as you are a college student going to school in MN you can get a resident license even if you are from out of state. All you need is your student ID. ND never did that the whole time I went to school non resident license the whole time for me now I am done with school they are doing it too. I live in ND now so I give my dad money to buy my shelter tag for me and then I put his drivers license number on my or wait his house and I am legal. I bought the Lifetime License before I moved so no my cost for license in MN anymore.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Yes- I do agree! Come and fish MN because you'll have a great experience.
The cost is something to consider and is a pain in the butt.
But each state has it's little quirks. If you can get over that...you'll have a great time regardless.

Enjoy and tight lines!

gvg_uwec
Have your Girlfreind buy the shelter licenses… (It is hers RIGHT) wink.gif

The out of state fishing licenses is not possible to get around.

------------------
Hook Em Good!!!!!!!

S.D. Ice Angular;
NRA, DU, NWTF,
Varmint Hunter
& NAHC Life Member

[This message has been edited by S.D. Ice Angular (edited 12-11-2003).]