• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Breaking News Rock-N-Reels

Scenic

Breaking News!!! The Rock-n-Reels are IN!!!!!! T-Bone has done a great job designing this unit and coordinating its construction. For those of you that have called on the tub/bucket mount units they will be shipping tomorrow. We have in stock 100 of these units that are not already sold and more are being built. Stand alone units are still a few days out and we are asking that customers please be patient just a little bit longer. They are well worth the wait.

This unit is a great addition to any fisherman's arsenal and they are now available just in time for Christmas. They can be mounted to all tub style sleds, buckets or anything that is flat. They fold down when not in use but are always there when you need them. I now have one mounted to the inside of my truck door for those cold days that I am running and gunning in search of fish.

All orders placed on the remaining 100 units we have in stock before Dec. 19th will be guaranteed to be delivered by Christmas!! Cost for this unit is $15.99 each +$5.95 shipping or you can save over $7.00 by purchasing 2/$30.00 + $5.95 shipping. For those that are looking for a place to purchase this unit please use the contact information below. Scenic Tackle does accept Master Card and Visa. We also have the “we don’t tell spouses what you bought “policy. Great stocking stuffers!

Jeff Beckwith
CEO/Owner Scenic Tackle Inc.
218-751-9669
[email protected]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff at Scenic Tackle knows a good product when he see's it! I personally have two tub mounts and have seen a proto of the stand alone. If you are at all worried about loosing your pole dead sticking you just found the right product! T-Bone (at the ice show) grabbed the end of line on the pole and gave it a fast pull like a big northern and WOW the pole was still there! I was so impressed I snapped a few digital photos of it at the show.

stand1.jpg
Tub Mount - Front view with a fishing pole

stand2.jpg
Tub Mount - Side profile

stand3.jpg
Tub Mount - Notice how they can be mounted to flip up/down & right/left

stand5.jpg
Tub Mount - Top view

tubmount1.jpg
Tub Mount - Nice profile of one mounted to a sled

tubmount1.jpg

stand4.jpg
Stand Alone - This is the prototype

(1 unit) $15.99 + $5.95 shipping
(2 units) $30.00 + $5.95 shipping

These units can be ordered at:
Scenic Tackle Inc.
218-751-9669
They accept Visa / Master Card

Scenic Tackle also honors the "We don't tell spouses what you bought policy"

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-11-2003).]

Scott....Thanks. You'll get a package on Thursday and in time for the weekend. Get out your drill and a 3/16ths inch bit!. 4 aimed left and 4 aimed right and all set to swing up and down.......T

Tbone....question for you. I went fishing Sunday out of Morris point lodge and when I got there Michelle the owner told me she had something for me in the office. Low and behold a RnR was left for me by 'Twitter', thanks Twitter. Anyways I'm assuming this is a tub/bucket mount. Arm swivels on a 4 hole mount, appears to be a right hand model as it has the metal pin deelybob sticking to the right? It looks like it will work okay with a left cranking spinning rod as well? Are there LH and RH models or just one?

Fisky

Fisky, I have not seen this years tub mounts but I adjusted mine last year to swing either way. I had to shave a little of the material off but it would swing either way then. I also took the main screw out and turned the pegs to whatever side I wanted, then put the screw back in. Not sure if that makes sense but they were adjustable in the past with a little tweaking. Again, a great product.

Last year I ordered 4 and gave them to guys that I fished with. I know Toad and Adam both really liked the concept and use theirs all the time.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Fisky,
I took mine apart and shaved some of the plastic off the "V" end to allow it to flip up when mounted on my tub. You can also drive the "rest" pin out....(gently) and put it in either way for right or left handed. You'll need to turn the pin so the cupped rest area sits level when you have it in the upright position of your choice.
Hope this makes sense....
Twitter

Enjoy !!!

I have fished with the RRs since T-Bone first started making them in his garage a few years back. In fact I have one of the first ones he ever made. All I can say is there's a LOT of gadgets and gizmos out there designed more to catch fishermans wallets than fish. Beleive me as I have a pile of stuff like that collecting dust in my garage. LOL
FORTUNATLY the RR does'nt fall into that catagory. I can honestly say that the RR has put fish from Gills to Walleyes in my bucket I never would have gotten without using one. With a little time on the ice getting the hang of how they work I think anyone using an RR will be amazed at how simple yet effective these things really are. In other words you won't regret getting yourself one.
There's no doubt that many here have been waiting a long time to get thier hands on one the RRs = frustrating. Hopefully the production problems ( growing pains ) have been ironed out now and supply won't be an issue much longer.
To sum things up they are DEFFINATELY worth the wait.

I have never seen one of these in person and the pictures left me with a question.

How does the rod attach to the half-moon pin? Does it just sit there? or is there a part that attaches to the handle and fits over the pin? A larger picture of that connection would ease my concerns.

thanks,

------------------
Don "AJ" Peacock
[email protected]

Lapeer, Michigan

AJPeacock -

The rod handle just sits on the detent on the pin. You may have to mount your reel back a tad to get a good balance point.

Don't worry about a fish steling your rig. I had a 35 inch pile grab mine on a stand alone unit a couple years ago on LOW. The who works slid over to the hole and the base kept it from going through the hole. The rod was pumping like mad, but it did not come off the pin until I took it off. I have heard several other similar stories, and have not heard of one rig going down the hole.

The Rock-N-Reel is really something else. I used mine last year on Lake of the Woods. I always like to jig with one pole and deadstick with the other. The Rock-N-Reel is deadly for this type of fishing. It is very sensitive for lite biting fish and fun to watch the fish pull or lift your pole up.

The Rock-N-Reel is also in the 2004 In-fisherman Ice Fishing Guide pg 61.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
320-293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'll brag a little bit here.

I introduced the Rock-n-Reel to Jeff Simpson of In-Fisherman and I did the interview for the article.

Jeff called asking about some of the other dead sticks we handled, so I felt obliged to turn him on to the best there is - The Rock-n-Reel.

I also did an interview with Dick Sternberg for an Outdoor Life article on Ice fishing and maps with GPS cordinates on them. Dick really liked his maps and the opportunities they opened up for finding locations easily on ice.

The Maps can be seen below:
Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-10-2003).]

It looks AWESOME !!! Now if I can just get out and try it ! grin.gif I haven't had my Eskimo tub on the ice yet. Last week we fished in my clam. Next week for sure, as we'll be running on different lakes.

One suggestion I have and change I need to make is converting the standard 4 screws used to mount it to the tub with to 2 larger wing nut style so I can remove it quickly and put it inside the tub. I'm worried it might get ripped off, bent, or even damage the tub if I'm running through deep snow or drifts at any speed.

Just a thought...anyone else have this concern ?

We will be putting them to good use starting tomorrow thru the weekend up at the northwest angle. We will be fortunate enough to do some filming on the RnR. Sounds like it's gonna be cold tooooo! I have one of the first prototypes(#5)that has been in use for 4 seasons now. I have the tub mounts in a Shoremaster jigger shelter and an otter lodge shelter and they are a slick device in putting fish in the bucket. I saw tons of gizmo's and gadgets at the ice show that are knock offs of the RnR. I looked at all of them and ended up making up my mind that nobody has a better built device then the RnR. Simple but deadly. So guys have you got the "hang of it", I have, and highly recommend them to everyone who is serious about ice fishing.

Here's some simple instructions on how to change the tub mounts from side swing to up and down and from left to right. The person who makes them for me out in New York has done a fantastic job of making them changeable. Nice goin' Scotty Boy!
1. The arm is drilled both ways in the base end. By turning it 90 degrees after removing the base screw, it can become a side swing or up and down.
2. The pin the rod sits on can also be moved from left to right by rotating the arm. The pin DOES NOT have to be driven out to do this.
3. Once you have it set up the way you want it, grab the pin with a vise grip (you might want to cushion the teeth before doing this to reduce the marring of the aluminum) and get the halfmoon rod slot on top and level. If you are indoors, running hot water on the plastic will make this operation a little easier. There's a 5-6 thousandths pinch fit on the pin/plastic arm.

Fisky.....I don't know if you have last year's model or not there. If you do, it's either left or right. You can change that the same way but it wont work side to side (most peole are using then in the up/down position) unless you drill another hole in the base of the arm perpendicular to the hole already there and then shave about 1/8th inch off the pointed end of the arm. Then it will swing up farther when you mount it so it can be swung down when not in use. I hope this helps....

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-11-2003).]