• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reflectors

danny berg

It is in the regs now and I completely agree with the ruling. And strongly encourage adding them to all ice huts!

I got clipped a good one one night while fishing in my old Fish Trap by a snowmobile on the Boise De Sioux River. Wrecked my tarp and bent me and the tubing up pretty good, rolled the sled too. I became a believer in reflectors kinda quickly that night Eh! I had reflectors on my sled then too, but not up on top of the tarp. The snow hide most of the reflectors so they didn't see me quick enough. I was on a sharp river bend so they had to slow down some, if they had not.....well..it would have been far worse!

I recommend reflective 3-M tape on all sides of a tub sled, and reflective ribbons or buttons on top of tarp shacks, again visible on all sides.

There is a company called FIRETACKS that has a very good line of reflective devices for the sportsman/woman that will serve you well.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

I think it's makes good sense to have reflectors on all ice shacks .they are so cheap especially when you consider all of those snowmobiles flying around at high speeds.I have even had a tough time spotting dark ice house at night.

And maybe eventually the major portable manufacturers will include reflective material in the tents on their products. I know they don't only sell them in Minnesota, but a review of all the northern states' regs by folks like Clam and Otter and others would allow them to sew in enough fabric to meet the most stringent regs.

After all, it's a public safety issue. Wouldn't a publicity conscious company want to promote that? grin.gif

Plus, what would the world be like withouth Backwater Eddy? tongue.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 12-10-2003).]

They are on Fishtraps too. If your out after dark its a good idea to have them. A sled, truck, bomber or 4 wheeler hitting ya could take ya to the big pond in the sky. Also open all windows at night and get that lantern light glowing outside.