• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dimensions of fish trap wear strips

riverboy

What are the dimensions for the (HDP)high density polyethylene wear strips that Clam Corp. sells for the Fish Trap Scout. H x W x L

What type of screws are used?

I can order the material from work, I think it maybe a little cheaper.

Go to the Clam HSOforum. I believe you can download the instruction manual to put on their Hy-fax kits.
No guarentee's, but I believe the dimensions are on their manual.

Good luck.

I just bought the kit and put it on my Pro last night. Very nice and pulls better on the carpet, hoping it pulls just as nice on the ice! Will definately keep my sled from wearing out.

I just can't remember what was on the manual.

Ya I check there site. The only dimensions they show are the spacing of screws.

Just from guessing, what would you say the strips are about 1/4" thick? 1 1/2" wide, and 36" to 48" long? What type of screws did you use?

Where did you get your wear strips from? How much where they? Maybe I'll just buy them.

Thanks for your help!!!

Look in your Yellow pages under Plastic.
Ask them if they have any 1/2"high density polyethylene scraps. If they have to cut it out of full stock it will cost you a lot more. You'll want them to cut it into 1 1/2" x8' strips. Counter sink the holes first then drill through with 3/16th bit. Buy 3/16th flat head bolt, fender washers and nylock nuts. Use a tourch to heat the plastic to form the bends.

The material is no problem, I work in a Plastic Mold shop. So if we dont have I can get it for pretty cheap. We dont have anything in stock so Im going to talk to our purchasing agent and see what kind of deal he can get me. Hopefully he can sneak it on one of the orders for a job. Buying in large quantities reduces the price in most cases.

Thanks again