• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
The Yeti

Coolest "new" thing at the ice fishing show this weekend?

1) That underwater camera that rotates '360 on a tripod
2) Rod holders that strap onto your legs.

The show was fun. Finally purchased my Clam Scout. Can't wait to put it together!

Anyone one else impressed with anything "new" this year?

The new inovations with the trailer fish houses. Some of those are just unbeleviable. The strike sensor. I do not know if it is new but it is the first time it was ever really explained to me. Where you can hook a sensor up to your tip up and then when it trips you have like a pager on and the sensor transmits a signal to the pager so you don't have to constantly watch your flag. Other than that I did not find really anything that impressed me other than what you have already stated.

You are right. The new fishouse innovations would be #3. I saw one dual axle trailer that was hydraulic instead a crank. Pretty cool.

Hiya,
I amd a high-speed tour of the show on my way home from work Friday, so didn't see it all closely, but I'd have to vote for the new MarCum cameras - rotating camera in the camera unit so no fiddling with turning the cable or a separate motor and stand to turn it - just push a button. On the higher end camera you can even set it to auto-pan and get a remote you can clip to your jacket. Also like the lighting arrangement - lights are above the lens rather than around it so seems like the glare off suspended goobers in the water would be much less - simple physics, but a great idea. I think I need one grin.gif

Cheers,
RK

I really liked the fiberglass fish house. The guy who builds them seemed like a very nice fella and explained things really well and then just talked about fishing. Nice guy.

The gimick of a rod holder that straps to your leg. Come on!
Everytime I move my leg, I give action to the jig???
I just rolled my eyes as I walked past the booth.
Interesting!

and the

ICE TEAM BOOTH....WOW! Are they trying to promote and make a name for themselves.

I'll second RK on Marcum's new camera. It will be about three weeks before we'll see them in the stores, but when they get there they'll sell fast. No messing around with rotating a cord or a tripod that kicks up the muck when put on the bottom and then tips over every time you bump the cord. I'm looking forward to seeing Marcum's new camera in action.

It's nice to go there to talk with others in the fishing industry and say hi to people you haven't seen in a while.

------------------
www.millelacsguideservice.com
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

These new marcum cameras look like quite the setup. I have been calling retailers for 3wks waiting for them to come in. I am interested in getting one but have a question that hasn't been answered by any. Maybe because until the show no one has seen one. Anyone that went to the show and saw 1 maybe can help. Is there any way to rig the camera if you wanted a downview? I know with the panning it may not be necessary but would like to get camera out of the fish zone at times. smile.gif

Hi Yeti
Which rod holder are you talking about? There was one that looked like a leg brace and one the was small and sat on top of your leg.

fishinmaniac,

I don't know about the Marcum, but if you have an Aquaview it is easy to rig for a downward view. Just take the plastic fin off the back of the camera lens, use a cable tie in the hole vacated by removing the fin to secure the cord so the lens points downward. Looks like the new ones (Aquaview) have clips built into it for downward viewing already.

RS

[This message has been edited by rms (edited 12-08-2003).]

How bout that rod that "jiggles" when you press the button?!.......*falls of seat laughing*

How about those 2 guys that looked like they hooked a tarp onto the open door of a truck as a shelter. That was hilarious. Not sure what they called it. All these inventions for a sport that's already pretty easy..

The Marcum has a bracket that screws to the bottom of the camera and a clip for the cord so you can hang it and shoot straight down. The sweetest thing about the whole deal is eliminating all of the clutter. Now you can use it after dark and actually see something.

Ron Anlauf

Ron
Thanks for that info. With the picture of the camera I couldn't see a way to rig for downviewing. Info received on this site is
of great value. Hope to contribute half as much as I've gained. grin.gif

About the rod holder. Even the guy that was demonstrating them had a smirk on his face. Hilarious!!

did anyone else notice the new gas cap on the ice augers? remember the old crappy metal ones that always broke at the vent screw? well they beefed up the cap and it looks a little more solid. I talked to the guy from strikemaster booth and discussed it and told him how disappointed I was when mine bent and started leaking after only a few uses last year. (bought the auger brand new last year) I asked if they where selling them as replacements there and he said they weren't selling stuff there, but he took me name and address and said he'd send one. So I got that going for me...

hope he follows through and sends it.

oh and yes, i noticed the rod holder on the leg thing too. I had to give the guy credit, it was a new idea, but I don't think it'll fly.