• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what temp for bio bait?

What temp water does one need to soak bio bait in. Went out today on storm lake in iowa. tried soaking bait in puddle of water on ice while drilling holes and rigging other pole. bait did not soften up enough to put on hook. Just wondering if need to soak in warmer water? I let some pieces soak for half to three quarters of an hour but they never soften up enough to place on hook.

Well we are learning!! You did the right thing by soaking in lake water or distilled water, It works better if you put them on the dash of the car. The warmth of the defroster speeds up the soaking process! I always add water and put them in my shirt pocket, by the time I get to the water they are ready to go ! Thanks for the question !

GOOD FISH-N

Richard
Pro-Staff Director/Catch-N-Tackle
Bio-Bait
Marcum

I soaked mine in the Otter... on the floor... with water I got from a drilled hole. It took about 15 minutes, till the Ice Bits got soft enough to hook on. Yep, they'll soak faster in a warm truck.

My recomendation is to put water in the bag and throw it into your shirt pocket. Your body heat will aid the process... but, 15 minutes can not be rushed. The stuff has to soak to get soft. Once soft it can be frozen. Keeping it in your shirt/coat pocket is gonna be the rule to keep it thawed.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family