• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Softball 2008..

It's that time of year guys. Just an update of what I have been up to.. We had our spring umpiring meeting/dinner Sunday and we had Amanda's fast-pitch practice last night and again on Thursday, which means when Amanda's get's out of dance at 6 p.m. Rosa will have to run her to softball practice cause I'll be at the field. Rosa will be score keeping for the team this season along with being team Mom, lot's of work to do only 4 returners from last season. Also my Tuesday night league (opens on Jun 10th) and has gone wood bat only so I spent half a day yesterday scanning the web getting all the info I can on different bats and wood compositions and ended up buying a birch and a combo of maple and bamboo in the other bat. Gotta get some batting gloves and pine tar. I'm looking forward to the change actually because I think if you can hit with wood you can hit with anything. Anyhow boys I'll do what fishing I can and good luck to you guys getting out.

Just got my umpire schedule guys and it doesn't look good for the walleye opener at all. Here's my schedule thus far 26 and 28th are Amanda's softball games, umpiring 24, 29 and 30 Apr. In May umpiring 1, 2, 3, 4, 5th and 7th are Amanda's games, 8 and 11th umpiring. The beginning of the silly season is upon us...

Well were young into the season and our record in Floyd is 2-1 after a loss last night in the top of seventh we were up 3-1 and ended up losing 5-3. I had my firt O fer last night, lined out, flew out and walked. So far this season I'm hitting .666 with 5 bi's. Big Johnny Ice called, nice talking with John of course his hands are full with his 4, 2 and 4 mos. old. I think he sid he will be off friday fishing somewhere.

Well guys we finished the regular season in Floyd infirst place with a record of 11-2 and won our first two playoff games 10-6 and 8-6 we have the championship game next Tuesday at 6 p.m., best of three format. Black River Ale House knocked off Morningwood Hotel last night and will face us Akadema Sports next Tuesday for it all. It has all the makings...