• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats the funniest or stupidiest thing you've seen other people do on the ice?

klbowe

last year i was fishing and there was about 8in. of ice and the acces wasnt froze so you had to walk around it. as me and a buddy were unloady are stuff to head out there was a guy coming off the lake heading strait for the open water and i sayed you better watch out for the open water there. and he said it not open it just looks like that and he kept walking and down he goes he was up to his waist and he could walk cause the cement was full of algy so we threw him a rope. then when he gets out he says why couldnt i have gotten wet when i was fishing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple weeks ago, two guys set up a 6x8 portable in a high wind. After firing up the auger, the one is going to go inside and mark the hole placements. Just as he's going inside, the auger throttle sticks at full boar. At the same instant a gust of wind whips open the door fabric and the auger begins to spin/tear up the door. The guy drops the auger, so now the head of the auger is spinning around banging against the ice. Eventually after numberous attempts, they hit the kill switch and unwind the auger leaving a huge tear. Would have been a lot more funny if it hadn't been me!!!

Me and Basspastor went ice fishing on sullivan lake on warm spring day. the ice over deep water was still plenty safe, but around the edges it was opening up. there was a plank to walk over the thin stuff, but it was warm so we brung our waders just in case it opened up more. We fished for a long time, and when we got back near shore it had melted out a lot more. I was smart and slipped on my waders, and sure enough, when I got near the plank, down I went!the waders kept me nice and dry and I just waded to shore, Bassputz put on his too, so I thought he was smart too, but when he went through he started saying brrrr I am getting soaked! Yep he put on waders with holes in them! grin.gif The when we were packin' up, I noticed my wallet was missing. it was getting dark and I was walking all around the acess for ever looking for it, then I put my waders back on and waded out to where we brok through. There it was, inches from the water. Musta fell out when I was puttin' on the waders blush.gif

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}("< ---><!>

Years ago, my younger brother and I were up ice fishing on Mille Lacs out of Wig Wam Bay. I had just got my first snowmobile and I was not all that experienced with the thing, kinda like I'am with this computer! I just knew I had to have one to tow the gear out onto the ice and get to all those inaccessable spots....it was a "learn as you go" situation.

We went out between the points, set up and fished for awhile with no luck, so we decided to ride back in and get a bite to eat at the lodge. We got back into shore and I dropped him off and asked him if he wanted to see something cool...I would go out onto the lake, turn around and give the machine some gas and jump up onto the road.
"Sure" says he and I take off. I turned it around and gunned it toward shore, chuckling and flying along...I hit the approach (Learning situation) shot up into the air, over the road and smashed squarely into the hill on the other side! When I came to, my brother was kneeling next to me, with tears streaming down his face...not because he thought that I was dead, but because he said he had never seen anything that hilarious in all his life! The front end of the machine was toast, and I ached from head to foot and I still had to limp way out on the ice and bring the gear in, he would'nt cut me any breaks even if I was hurt and stupid!

The Grebe is new to this stuff, it's kind of fun! New situation, my younger bro, our nephew and I were again fishing Wig Wam bay up on Mille Lacs. Early ice, no driving, (My sno-mo was still broken!)

We set up out in the middle of the bay and proceeded to catch a half a dozen nice wallies between the 3 of us, during the middle of the day. I had to run into shore for a minute and asked my brother to keep an eye on my line. I went in, came back out and there was a nice Northern about 6-7 pounds laying on the ice. "Who caught it?"
"I did." says my brother. "Whose line?" "I got it on my line." says he.

Well, my bro had a jug stashed in his bucket and he kept nipping on it until one eye was looking up and the other down! Some other fellas came out and asked us if we were getting anything and my bro says "big walleyes and northerns!" The guys did'nt believe him and he pulls his coat off the cooler, reaches down to grab a fish and show them, and in a twinkling, I don't knw to this day how it happened, that Northern made one last lunge and clamped down on both of his hands, palm to palm! He jerked and of course you know what that did! We all thought it was pretty funny, and he could'nt get loose...we left him like that
for afew minutes, until I seen the blood running down the length of the fish and dripping in the snow! We tried everything we could think of to get that pike off of him and nothing worked. I finally walked back to the truck, got a pair of pliers, and wound up having to bust the pikes top jaw off a piece at a time, **** near to the middle of its snout! The cuts were numerous and a couple were pretty deep, but I figure the bleeding was from the anti-coagulants in the fishes mouth? About 10 years later I found out he had caught that fish on my line when I walked into shore! The moral of the story...."Don't lie to the Grebe!"

I once saw a guy boating up the Mississippi down at west newton and his boat was riding really low and sluggish, that's when I noticed the strap around the middle and saw the winch sticking out in front of the bayliner still hooked on-he was boating with it still on the trailer! no clue how he got it back on his truck. Here's another one worth a laugh check this out!

http://home.comcast.net/~jdber94/TowJob.wmv

be safe and make sure your smarter than the fish!
redhooks

many years back I left my ginger ale bottle outside for a while and noticed that it froze a little and had chunks of ice in it. Later that day I felt sick to my stomach and wondered why my friend was grinning all that time. That one-who-thinks-I-am-silly thought it was funny to throw some minnows in my pop. I didn't notice them...thought they were ice chunks.... Yuck!

We were up on Big Sandy a few years back. 2 portable houses, 4 guys. I heard a loud yell and then laughing from my other buddies house. We ran over to see what happened. One of them had put a can of chili on the sunflower but poked only one hole in the top. It got to the boiling point and sprayed chili juice all over one end of the house and him.! Brand new house too. You can still see remnants on the canvas.