• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bio bait report page

troutman72

was just wondering if theres going to be a page for our reports. just got my sample 12/4 will be trying them out 12/6 on my favorite lake. good fishing to all and remember to say hello to the guy next to you.(unless he just ran over your tip up)

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

Finally had a chance to tinker with the Bio Baits. I was targeting Goldeye here on the Sheyenne River near Fargo after dark.

What proved to be a hit with the Goldeye was a 1/4 oz. Glow Green/yellow Nils Master Jigging Shad with the treble tipped with Night crawler Bio-Bait.

I compared side by side minnow heads, a popular bait for jigging Goldeye, with the bio Baits . The results were Bio Bait 21 Goldeye, minnow heads 7 Goldeye.

I didn't mix the scents on the same jig so I feel it was pretty fair test.

So test #1 looks like a winner for the Bio Baits on my target fish.

I also scored one 3.5 walleye on the bio-baits and Nils Mater while angling for Goldeye. I switched to a Angel Eye Gold latter on and tagged two more #2 walleye on whole minnows.

Interesting enough all the walleye had bellies full of this years hatch of Channel cats, one was still alive when I cleaned the walleye. I think this is why the walleye switched to larger minnows for their preference after dusk?

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Bio Bait Ice Bits Larva worked well for small Crappies and Perch today. I pulled a piece of Bio Bait Crawler apart to about the size of a fathead head and used it.

Caught a very nice sunny on it and that sunny was very agressive.

Now I just leave the Bio Bait in my bag to freeze and it will be ready to go next trip.

Used it this AM on a lake around Annandale with Dave Hoggard and his son James. Dave was picking up a few crappies by tipping a jiggin' rapala with Bio-Bait ice bits and I was getting crappies on jigs tipped with minnows & ice bits. Fun time and it's just the start of the ice season around here. Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

This looks like a good place to place Bio-Bait results smile.gif
I was pleased to fish with Pro Guide Jon Navratil on Saturday morning. Jon took me to a lake near his home for some Crappie action.
We popped fish in the first five holes we drilled on Bio-Bait Ice Bits. I caught 2 fish on a Safe Jig Glow Ball tipped with Ice Bits Larva and under Nav's direction switched to a Fire Tiger color Jigging Rap... wow! I placed a single Ice Bits Shiner Mealworm on the center hook.... they hammered that, right now. I took three Crappies on the same piece of Ice Bits without loosing the bait!
Thanks Jon for the guide trip! I still have your ice scoop... that James used (James filled in our holes with snow.. so they would freeze over better smile.gif he is so cute!).
I got to use my new Otter Lodge, my new LXi and LX-3 on this trip. Boy, was I in Hawg-heaven! The MarCum's both worked great! I am thrilled with them. The LXi saved me loads of time... only 8 feet here... only 11 here... and not drilling to find that out! It is a great little hand-held fish locator for shooting thru ice! James and I drilled three holes to use inside the Otter, one for each of us and one in the center for the LX-3. We could both see our baits and worked the crappies in 22 feet. 2 cool smile.gifsmile.gif
Great day out to be fishing! Yep, shoulda went to the Sports Show... but... new toys to get tryed out took 1st place over the show.
We had a ball!
Thanks Jon, for the great trip.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Tried out the Bio-Baits Ice Bits this weekend on the crappies. I have fished this lake many times and the crappies will usually only hit a minnow. I have tried waxies a few times with very minimal success. I put the 3 Ice Bits on a Buck Shot Rattler and jigged away. This was the first time I had tried the Buck Shot Rattler on this lake also. I caught 6 crappies on the rattler with the Ice Bits in about an hour. The fish were hitting on minnows also. I thought the ice bits were a little small even after they were soaked in water. I was impressed on how well they held together. Waxies usually fall apart after a fish or two but the Ice Bits seemed to hold together pretty good. About the only difference I found in an alive waxie and the Bio Bait was the size. Overall I give them an "A".

Unfortunately due to a sick daughter I did not get out as planned (really only did some scouting.) I will however be putting the Bio baits to the test either this week or next weekend for sure.

Thanks for the good report Granny. Yep, an "A" is a fine mark!
The full sized product can be pinched off to any size... like minnow head size.
We appreciate your testing the product.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

I tried the Bio Bait on Saturday for gills and crappies. We had a real tough bite going, but we managed a few. I soaked the stuff in ice cold water, and something wasn't right. I will try again and soak them in warmer water next time!

CD - I had the same problem with the cold water. I brought some into the house and tried it with warmer water with better results. I was only out for 2 hours this weekend, but will try them out again next weekend.

I had the same problem with cold water, so I tossed a few right in the hole and took them out as needed. Still took a very long time to soften completely.

I should have added a bit of water to the zip lock and put it in a warm spot. Then it would have soaked up the water just fine too.

I made it out this morning and caught quite a few crappies and gills on the Bio Bait larvae. Largest gill was close to 9 inches and came on the Bio Bait. I like to slide one on the hook like you would a plastic tail/grib, and then I add two more just like you hook your typical maggots. I has a bigger profile and it attracted fish in from a distance and it triggered them into biting. I also dropped down real maggots and the Bio Bait out fished the maggots this morning close to two to one! The smaller fish were eager to eat the maggots, but that larger fish preferred the Bio Bait.

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

MJ5,
Thanks for the great report! Sounds like Bio-Bait Ice Bits were working well for you.
When I fished with Jon Navratil, he was rigging with a minnow after sliding on a couple of "Bits"... that worked well for him too.
Granny,
Once soft from soaking they Ice Bits stay soft... took me a full 15 minutes befor I could get one on a hook. I think the key here in freezing temps is to pre-soak in the truck or in your shirt pocket.
Have you tried the full sized Bio-Baits yet?
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Dave,
I have not tried any of the other Bio-Baits yet. I might give the Monster Do's and the Bio-Craws a try this summer for some LM Bass. When are the free samples coming? j/k Do you have an email address so I could send you some questions about your products?

Thanks, Granny

Granny I picked up a bunch and can help ya out there. Did ya get a Vex? Come check out what I got and you can see what they are all about before ya place your order. Those monster do's were ok on river eyes deadsticked and the ringworms were cool drifted are jigged behind the boat. I know the ring n grubs will work come spring.

Tried the Bio-Bait last night with a glo-rattle jig, Had a lot of lookers but no takers. We had 7 people fishing from 4:30 to 8:00, and had only 1 crappie on the ice, taken with a minnow. Will try again this weekend and let you know how the Bio-Bait works

Tried the shiner Bio-Bits today. Was fishing crappies on a small lake where they usually like minnows. Caught a bunch on minnows then switched to the bits. Crappies bit well on them. Even the bait bumpers inhaled them after they got a taste. Seemed to work well. Will give them more tests in the coming days.

I had a tough go today with the Bio Bait. I caught some small perch, however, they wanted minnow heads today.

In fairness it was a tough day after 10:30 am.

Fished yesterday on farm pond. Tried minnows waxies and Bio-Bait. Caught 3 bluegills all were caught on waxies. Nothing took minnow or Bio-Bait. Pond does have nice size crappies in it. Will try it again some nite this week.