• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting Any Work Done?

DARK30

How many of you guys are at work right now and should be working? Ah Ha!! You thought nobody noticed!

I mentioned to my boss that maybe I should have Internet available in my office...You know, just to track shipments, get freight rates....Uh, check out fishingminnesota.com...stuff like that. He said no. I said come on, I won't spend too much time online, I got trucks coming and going, I got orders to prep, I got inventory to control, I just need to break up the day a little and check out fishingminnesota.com once every hour or so. He said NO again!

I'm supposed to be at work at 7 am so I guess I'd better go...Yikes!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

This site is what gets me through the day. the problem is I start to get addicted to the site. The humor stuff is the best when at work. I'm heading to the show after work this afternoon about 2:30.

I agree with everything you people say. I am a teacher, (can't say where-afraid of retribution), just kidding. But I learn more about fishing, different places to go to get good deals on equipment, how to do things that I haven't done before, etc... Than any magazine that I could read. A lot of information on this HSOforum are things that are not advertised or in magazines or periodicals. I do also appreciate the funny stories because I can relate and their are not many people I work with that know anything about these things. So keep the humor coming. It makes the days shorter!!

Work---are you kidding. I tend to find myself watching good posts and replying back to them. After looking at the clock, it will have been 30-40 mins. of being on this site just replying!
Work? Come on, we all know we aren't working....we're just playin!

If I get fired because I was looking at FM too much, I think I could look back and say, "your dang right it was worth it"! My boss told me to get my priorities straight....so here I am.

I'm a teacher, too. We have to have computers to keep grades, answer bogus administrators' silly e-mails, take attendance, and so on. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now.

ice

Ice9, it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. If they would only let us teach, (and fish, hunt, and camp). Just think of how much better the world would be and how much more would get accomplished in the classrooms, not only hte ABC's etc... but probably more importantly, LIFE's lessons.

I like to keep my internet time at work to around 4-5 hours per day--I don't want the "boss" to think I'm gold brickin'.

The key is to have a monitor that faces away from people passing by, and be sure to seem aggitated when someone is looking--like you're doing something work-related--while you're actually looking at an Anna Kournikova site. Maybe pound your fist into your desk every now and then and day "dammit" and grumble something to yourself. The daily work routine is basically a game anyway.

I have spent countless hours on this site while at work. It's what keeps me sane. I know for sure of several others here at my workplace (not at all fishing related business) who monitor this site pretty regularly. What a great thing this internet is. Just think, before this you would've had to talk with people you don't care for at the water cooler and daydream at your desk. Here, you can actually learn something and get more out of your free time.

Cheers to all who are work-based FMers! Down with The Man and his rules!

Match

OUCH!! my ears are hurting, would you guys quite using that nasty four letter word. I am retired from the military after 25 years and loving all this spare time. Just sitting here thinking about all those days on the ice, all the eyes that will be laying on the ice, better yet in the frying pan. And of course when not on the ice here at fishingminnesota.com. So the rest of you do not (w***) to hard.

o

You mean I am suppose to be working? I thought that if just showed up they would give me a paycheck. I swear it impossible for me to get anything done at work especially on weekends when I am heading to LOW. The hours don't go fast enough and I have way to many things on my mind. Where will I go? What kind of Bait? What jigs should I use? Wounder if this is working? and on and on. They should just pay me to ice fish then I would be one happy camper. Latter I suppose I should try getting something done. Oh wait I have more forums to read well maybe I'll get back to work in an hour.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I gotta say this site has some of the best chatter I've ever seen. In my old life on the right coast I hung out at flyfishsaltwaters.com and they had a fun, infromative, wide-ranging conversation too. The internet is an excellent medium for chat, but it also creates this cool wandering hyperlinked conversational style...anything goes, and it's also very civil and upbeat (here at least). You'd think that because people can say pretty much anything they want the conversations would diverge and turn nasty but they don't. Also of course people share incredible amounts of information that up until a few years ago probably would have gone out only into a small circle, or not at all. So anyway, I'm a new guy here but I'm really glad to have landed.

still working, incidentally, and one of my students just learned something.

dave

OPSIRC,

In case anyone hasnt mentioned it lately, thank you for your service to our country, and Welcome Home!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

Iffwalleyes,

You just reminded me of someones quote on FM. its Something like "People think the smartest people have phd's and get paid well, But the smartest person is the guy who figured out a way to get paid to fish"

I'm just neglecting my 19 month old son. He's getting pretty good at changing his own diaper and operating the can opener. I gave him a chair so he can climb up and use the microwave. Half way through the day I point towards his bedroom and say "nap". I think he goes in there and sleeps..... Maybe I ought to check..... Naaah!

mm