• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Holders for tubs

Captain B.R.K

BWE -

Have you seen the tub mounted Rock -n- Reel units? They are the cat's meow for a dead stick holder.

The fold up and out of the way under the tub lip during transport.

I'm not sure what you mean by "off-base?"

Finding a ice rod Rod holder system that had high flexibility in mounting and use was a challenge. What I found that will cover this is the Driftmaster 3/8 Li'l Duo.

lilduo2.gif

The Driftmaster Li'l Duo is A two-position
rod holder when at a flat mount installation Holds rod at 0 or 30 angle.

What you want to do for a FISH TRAP/conduit frame shack installation is to add the rail clamp mounts that will easily clamp onto any conduit in any shack.

roundrail.gif
Round Rail Clamp Base - Two models available for either 7/8" or 1" round rails. Rod angle can easily be adjusted by loosening one nut and turning base on rail. All Hardware is included with the base.

When you add this Round Rail Clamp Base you gain unlimited angles and choice of placement for the rod holders.

A simple twist of the wing nut and your ready to set it where you need it, another twist and it is rock solid. I use the prepackaged stainless steel nut and washer on one side, and replace the apposing nut with a wing nut. This makes the rod holders easy to adjust in the cold or with gloves on. They won't slip. You can flip them out of the way easily when not needed or when storing for trips.

This system is Very handy for dead sticking any species of fish. The rods are easy to remove when you have a hit. The rods sit securely in the holders and you have no fear of rod loss. They will not break in the cold, or heat, or whatever...they are seriously tough units! They are fully guaranteed for life, no questions asked.

I use Driftmasters exclusively on my catfish/walleye guide rigs and I have NEVER lost a rod to a fish. Once I found the new Driftmaster Round Rail Clamp Base's I fast added them to the ice shacks. Works great!

OH, Driftmaster also has a nifty lantern holder that will adapt to this clamp base. No more tarp burn Eh. Or busted mantles from knocking over the lantern while running for that tip-up. wink.gif
lantern.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

I have these units mounted to both sides of my four man Polar. They mount very easy and just fold down out of the way when not in use. This unit is an excellent "bite detection" unit that doubles as a rod holder.

Very good construction and well thought out design. Look for T-Bone and/or Walleyes at the Ice Show for a complete demenstration. He is ajoining the Shoremaster booth.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle
[email protected]

Life would be a real drag if everyone thought, acted and fished the same. There's alot of choices to make when it comes to equipping one's self for a day on the ice. What works for me might not just be workin' for you. All that matters is that whatever you do WORKS. There's alot of different rod holders out there. Of course, everyone that produces one thinks that their's is the cat's meow. And that's cool! If you believe in your product, and find that others do as well, then maybe it's worth the effort. In my case, I didn't keep going with this Rock 'n Reel to keep kids entertained out on the ice. I keep doing it because alot of people like them and use them all the time, especially when deadsticking. With limited funds, it's a major undertaking to produce product. If I didn't think it was worth the effort, I wouldn't even be in the game. Just wanted to clear that up some. From shelters to augers to locators to rods to jigs to heaters-there's many choices to make in each. I don't get paid or comped to promote anything, except my own product. Sure, I have my favorites too. It's because I did my research and purchased products that I knew I could put to good use and rely on. MOST of the time, I've been happy with my choices. I also have a collection of "swing and a miss" ice products too. But after ice fishing for over forty years, I have it pretty much figured out what gets it done for me. And that's what it's all about in the end. So go ahead and debate in good humor. That's all you'll get from me. And have an "ice" day!.........T

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I've seen almost every ice fishing deadsticking sytem on the market. There are some that come close to doing what the Rock n Reel does.

If you want a deadstick system that doubles as a strike indicator and a rod/reel holder/protector, then the Rock n Reel is the Best of Show.

I lost a paid advertiser who gave me his units for free last year who made a dead stick system that doubled as a strike indicator and a rod/reel holder/protector.

The Rock n Reels were so much better I went out and bought some at full retail price to give to a couple of my FishingMN Pro Staff and of course I had to have a couple more for myself, so I bought for myself as well at last years Ice Show.

I've used the Tub mounts and Stand-alone Rock-n-Reels for a full year now. They definitely put more fish on the ice and

Yes...they are the best deadsticking system available today!!
OK, almost available. smile.gif

TBONE--- I have yet to put my tub mountRock n Reel's on, but I'm stooked to see them in action!

No doubt the ride to Duluth for the show just to pick those up will be worth it! smile.gif

Nice meeting you as well.

I'll be heading out this weekend and looking forward to seein' them in action.

Q: Where do I position the rod on the little indentation? What part of rod handle goes there??
I forget to look that over at the show.