• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Holders for tubs

Captain B.R.K

I want to know what you guys are using for rod holders in your Fish traps and Otter sleds?

I want to put my deadstick on something, but I haven't found the right holder to use?

What do you use and how do you mount it on your sled?

Maybe there has been talk of this one already?

I had heard you guys about talking of the tub mount of the Rock n Reel.
How much do they cost and how do they attach to your tub on the trap/otter?

Does it get in the way? Is it a permanent or portable (take off each time you use) mount?

How many will you have at the show for sale?

i bought the Berkley Quick Set rod holder at Thorne Bros. in Fridley for $15.It is something like the ones for a boat. When they're not in use you pull them out of the mount and put them away.It can be adjusted to move side to side or up and down.

You have to remember that the rock-n-reel is not a rod holder but a deadstick rod rest which is much more versatile than a tube that you stuff your rod into.
Rock-n-reels allow our rod to act as the strike indicator while it's neutrally balanced on the rod rest peg. No other rod rest on the market can duplicate the great strike detection capabilities like the rock-n-reel can.
If you want you shelter tub to look like the back end of a great lakes trolling vessel, use the tube type rod holders you're talking about but if you want to catch more fish and have a clean looking tub.
The rock-n-reel is the only solution.

Alright Guys.....WallEYES and I just got done assembling and finalizing the Rock 'n Reels for the St. Paul Show. Thanks to our great friend Maki out in New York, a just in time shipment of units arrived today. What a guy! Anyhow, we'll have 200 of the tub mounts there. They are completely switchable this year. You can get them to swing from side to side (might be the ticket for inside the permanents mounted on the wall by the hole) or up and down. I can set them up any way you want them. There'll be more coming too. But for now, there's no stand alone units available. They are being built now.....The tub mounts are gonna be $15. They are built like a brick ****house! Come and see us at the show, even if just to say hi.....T

T-Bone & WallEYES, I can't get to the show this year to see you guys, my Mom bought a townhouse for some well deserved "one level living" and we are moving her this weekend. Keep me in mind for the next meeting at mainstreet. Have a great weekend, Jeff

WallEYES- I'm coming from Duluth just to see your tub mount Rock n Reel.
Everyone has been ranting and raving about it since it's induction to ice fisherman in MN. So if I'm driving 100+ miles to the Ice show tonight, could you put one on the side for me. 200 sounds like a big number, but I know if they are that hot....you'll be out of them in no time!
Can that happen WallEYES??

-B

CAPTAIN BRK
We sold out after a day and a half of 250 tub/portable shelter R N R'S and 250 of the stand alone models. I won't be there Friday, I'll be there Sat and Sun. T-BONE will be there so just introduce yourself.

I'm not looking for a tube, but something will be a good match for my thorne bros deadstick.

The R N R's look like the ticket, but wondering if they come with the hardware to mount it?

If not, what tools/materials would be needed to do so.

ST.PAUL OR BUST...here I come.

BWE
The rod holder you show is totally off base with what the R N R is designed to do. Your entire fishing rod is the strike indicator as it sits on a balancing arm and peg. When a fish takes your bait it will move the entire rod up or down depending what way the fish moves with the bait(up or down) You pick your rod off the balancig arm and set the hook at the same angle it's pointing or balanced. No resistance to the fish what so ever until you set the hook into them. Very deadly. My fishing percentage went up 200% since using them 3 years ago.

ALL
If you want to see what the Rock n Reel looks like, buy yourself a 2004 In-Fisherman Ice Guide and go to the Jeff Simpson article on Deadsticking(pg 61?) you all will see what the unit looks like and what it is designed to do.

I have had Rock'n Reels for a year or so, I am familiar with them. I gave one to my son last X-mass, he likes it.

I see a different need in a fixed mount rod holder system then what the RNR serves. It is a nifty deal yet I see a different application is needed here.