• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Captain B.R.K

Rod Holders for tubs

I want to know what you guys are using for rod holders in your Fish traps and Otter sleds?

I want to put my deadstick on something, but I haven't found the right holder to use?

What do you use and how do you mount it on your sled?

Maybe there has been talk of this one already?

There's nothing better than the Rock-n-Reel.
I have one mounted to my eskimo.
They'll soon be available again here I'm sure.....
Won't they T-Bone ??!!! wink.gif

T-bone has a tub mounted Rock-n-Reel out that will be on hand at the show in St. Paul. It acts as a dead-stick for you. Should be worth looking at since his free standing ones seem to be the ticket for deadsticking.

I use the track mounted rod holders from Pursuit sports on my Salmon boat. I plan on mounting a 12" track under my chair and using the same holders I use during the summer.

Should work great.

Later

------------------
Don "AJ" Peacock
[email protected]

Lapeer, Michigan

T-BONE and I will be in the Shoremaster section at the show. Tub mounts will be there and they are a must in your ice fishing arsenal.

I had heard you guys about talking of the tub mount of the Rock n Reel.
How much do they cost and how do they attach to your tub on the trap/otter?

Does it get in the way? Is it a permanent or portable (take off each time you use) mount?

How many will you have at the show for sale?

i bought the Berkley Quick Set rod holder at Thorne Bros. in Fridley for $15.It is something like the ones for a boat. When they're not in use you pull them out of the mount and put them away.It can be adjusted to move side to side or up and down.

If you use the right bolts and WING NUTS, your making it as portable as your gonna get.To any bucket,tub.Your gonna love the ROCK-n-REEL Right -T- ?! ><sUMo>----------><> Jig Stick

You have to remember that the rock-n-reel is not a rod holder but a deadstick rod rest which is much more versatile than a tube that you stuff your rod into.
Rock-n-reels allow our rod to act as the strike indicator while it's neutrally balanced on the rod rest peg. No other rod rest on the market can duplicate the great strike detection capabilities like the rock-n-reel can.
If you want you shelter tub to look like the back end of a great lakes trolling vessel, use the tube type rod holders you're talking about but if you want to catch more fish and have a clean looking tub.
The rock-n-reel is the only solution.

Alright Guys.....WallEYES and I just got done assembling and finalizing the Rock 'n Reels for the St. Paul Show. Thanks to our great friend Maki out in New York, a just in time shipment of units arrived today. What a guy! Anyhow, we'll have 200 of the tub mounts there. They are completely switchable this year. You can get them to swing from side to side (might be the ticket for inside the permanents mounted on the wall by the hole) or up and down. I can set them up any way you want them. There'll be more coming too. But for now, there's no stand alone units available. They are being built now.....The tub mounts are gonna be $15. They are built like a brick ****house! Come and see us at the show, even if just to say hi.....T

I mounted two of the otter rod holders on my fish trap guide. I found them at Gander for $10 each.

I also use two Otter rod holders. The swing from side to side and swing out of the way when they're not in use.

T-Bone & WallEYES, I can't get to the show this year to see you guys, my Mom bought a townhouse for some well deserved "one level living" and we are moving her this weekend. Keep me in mind for the next meeting at mainstreet. Have a great weekend, Jeff

WallEYES- I'm coming from Duluth just to see your tub mount Rock n Reel.
Everyone has been ranting and raving about it since it's induction to ice fisherman in MN. So if I'm driving 100+ miles to the Ice show tonight, could you put one on the side for me. 200 sounds like a big number, but I know if they are that hot....you'll be out of them in no time!
Can that happen WallEYES??

-B

CAPTAIN BRK
We sold out after a day and a half of 250 tub/portable shelter R N R'S and 250 of the stand alone models. I won't be there Friday, I'll be there Sat and Sun. T-BONE will be there so just introduce yourself.

WallEYES- Just look for T-Bone where did you say? Where are you located at the show- do you know.
You think there will be plenty of R N R's left this evening??

THanks for you help---can't wait to come down and spend some money!!

I'm not looking for a tube, but something will be a good match for my thorne bros deadstick.

The R N R's look like the ticket, but wondering if they come with the hardware to mount it?

If not, what tools/materials would be needed to do so.

ST.PAUL OR BUST...here I come.

Shoremaster shelter area, I think T-BONE has the hardware to mount them to your portable.

BWE
The rod holder you show is totally off base with what the R N R is designed to do. Your entire fishing rod is the strike indicator as it sits on a balancing arm and peg. When a fish takes your bait it will move the entire rod up or down depending what way the fish moves with the bait(up or down) You pick your rod off the balancig arm and set the hook at the same angle it's pointing or balanced. No resistance to the fish what so ever until you set the hook into them. Very deadly. My fishing percentage went up 200% since using them 3 years ago.

ALL
If you want to see what the Rock n Reel looks like, buy yourself a 2004 In-Fisherman Ice Guide and go to the Jeff Simpson article on Deadsticking(pg 61?) you all will see what the unit looks like and what it is designed to do.

I have had Rock'n Reels for a year or so, I am familiar with them. I gave one to my son last X-mass, he likes it.

I see a different need in a fixed mount rod holder system then what the RNR serves. It is a nifty deal yet I see a different application is needed here.